News from the Nest
Eagles Elementary- September 2020
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year!
Vision: Eagles Elementary provides a safe and positive learning environment to educate and empower the growth of the whole child.
Please help us welcome, Mrs. Milligan into a new role at Eagles! She is our new Dean of Students and is excited to work with your child.
Dates to Remember
September 8- For students in the Virtual Academy Only ** Pick up curriculum packets at Eagles between 8 AM-4 PM
September 10- Virtual Open House information will be shared via Seesaw by your child's classroom teacher. There will be great information about the upcoming school year.
September 14- 6:30 PM PTA Meeting via ZOOM
September 15- School Pictures for Group 1 Students
September 17- School Pictures for Group 2 Students
* If your child is in the Virtual Academy and you would like them to have a school picture, please call the school office to arrange a time to come in to have your child's picture taken.
Eagles PTA Update
Welcome all Eagles families to the 2020-21 school year! The upcoming months will be full of new and unique opportunities and challenges for students, families and teachers, and we know the Eagles community will respond in am-ACE-ing ways!
The mission of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. It will take creativity and persistence to fulfill that mission in a COVID-19 world, and we invite YOU to be part of the PTA’s efforts. Look for the link to join PTA on SchoolPay. Membership fees are $10 per person; $15 for two.
Eagles PTA meets one Monday a month; meetings will be virtual for the first semester. The first meeting is at 6:30 pm Sept. 14. Click the link below to access the Zoom meeting. All are welcome to attend!
Eagles School Clothing
Eagles School Clothing is available to order online! Browse T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and more on the e-store. Orders will be accepted through Sept. 20 and distributed at the school in early October. If you are unable to purchase items online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for you to pay with check or cash and place your order for you.
Eagles Private Facebook Group
Request to join our private Facebook group to stay up-to-date on the latest announcements, events and volunteer opportunities. More information about the annual Walk-a-Thon will be shared soon.
Do you need internet at home?
Midco has some great options for families during distance learning. Click here.
Click here to see the latest from Mrs. Larson, Eagles Counselor
School Safety Drills - Tornado, Fire, Run-Hide-Fight
We have a variety of drills during the school year; fire, tornado, Haz Mat and Run-Hide-Fight. We are required to perform a certain number of these drills each school year.
The first set of drills are announced to teachers and students and the others may not be announced to allow students the ability to practice. You will not be notified of drills when they happen, however your student may share information with you.
In addition to these drills, teachers practice clearing their classrooms in case of a medical emergency or student safety situation. If a teacher asks the students to move from the room, instruction continues in another area of the building until they can go back into the classroom .
· Fargo Public Schools are required by the government to practice three run, hide, fight drills per year along with other drills (tornado, fire, etc).
· During a run, hide, fight drill, students get direction from their teacher about a situation at the school in which they would run, hide or fight. This is shared in age appropriate conversation.
· Teachers/staff will talk with students about what actions they would take if there was a threat. We follow the RUN, HIDE, FIGHT protocol.
· We practice this type of drill to prepare students and to keep your child safe in the event of an emergency. By practicing these drills, we will increase the likelihood of students and staff responding appropriately in the event of an emergency.
HALLWAY CLOSURE: The hallway closure will be announced to the school when/if situations warrant the privacy of students or staff in medical situations, behavior incidents or any situation where we would want to keep students and staff out of the hallway for a specific amount of time.
If you have any questions about drills, please feel free to call Mrs. Lingle at 446-3900.
This information link is for families who are in the Virtual Learning Academy.