Ross Round Up
Engage. Empower. Educate. Every Day.
November 10, 2023
Hi Ross Families.
Today we had our very special 2nd Annual Veteran's Day lunch at Ross, with many veteran parents, grandparents, and friends of Ross visiting. CAST Student and Staff Support team served lunch to the veterans and all students had the chance to shake their hands if they chose and say, "Thank you for your service."
We love those who have served our country and community through military service. We could not have what we have without them. We honor you for who you are and what you do. Thank you!
We're also grateful as educators to be among those that serve our community in a different way--through educating students and helping them prepare for their future lives. Teachers and all school staff live and love to serve.
We're grateful for the parents that partner with us. We have strong parent volunteers to help run our student-led Lunch Clubs, a strong PTA that we share with Indian Creek, and parents who make events like Popcorn Friday possible. We're grateful to those who reach out with feedback and compliments about what's going well--both of those help us grow and serve better.
Kuna is a community full of those who love and serve. Together, we make lives better for our children no matter their life circumstances. Thank you to everyone who gives and serves for students!
Speaking of ways to serve...next week is our CAST Food Drive Monday-Friday with prizes to the class who brings the most food! See the flier below for information. This is all planned and run by our CAST Service team and Mrs. Marshall.
- Monday-Friday--CAST Food Drive--winning 4th and 5th grade classes get prizes!
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 10:30-11:00am--KHS Music Tour assembly
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 9:00-2:00pm--Select Ross 4th and 5th graders present at the ISBA Annual Convention about Lunch Clubs
- Thursday, Nov. 16--Board Game Lunch Club
- Friday, Nov. 17--Friendship Bracelet Lunch Club and Student-run School Store Lunch Club
- Monday, Nov. 20-Friday, Nov. 24--Thanksgiving Break!
After School Pick Up Notes
Our goal for pick up is to get kids safely off campus and to families at the end of the day. Thanks for helping us keep kids safe!
Here's the timeline for end of day:
- 3:30 pm: The pick up bell rings for students being picked up in the car line. We release those students 5 minutes earlier than the walkers or pick ups on the road for safety reasons--we want to have most of the cars through the line before walkers are trying to navigate cars as they walk near the road.
- 3:35 pm: The walker and bus line bell rings for those who are walking to their cars not in the pick up line and those who are riding the bus.
Please call the office to let us know if your student is going home a different way than usual by 2:00 pm. We will deliver a note to them before the end of the day to let them and the teacher know.
Who are we at Ross?
Each day at Ross we will:
Engage. Empower. Educate.
Our dream is to:
Ignite a passion for lifelong learning and personal growth so students will be successful in college, career, and life.
Our school values are:
We treat others with dignity and respect. We are ethical and humble in our actions. We are COMPASSIONATE.
We hold tight to our convictions. Decisions are made to make the lives of others better. We are LEADERS.
We are stronger and better when we work together. We are a part of a beautiful and diverse COMMUNITY.
We are bold, we take risks, we are flexible and willing to step out of our comfort zone. We are INNOVATIVE.