Room 6 News
November 17 - December 7
We will continue learning about Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving break, we will learn about the different winter holidays and traditions. We will talk about reindeer, gingerbread, lights, treats, and much more. Some of our activities will include:
- Tasting pumpkin pie
- Reading T'was the Night Before Thanksgiving
- Making reindeer food
- Crafting reindeer headbands
- Sequencing candy canes from smallest to largest
- Playing with dreidels
We will be learning about the letter Ff. We will read the book Fifi Farret's Flute and the children will practice letter recognition and formation. A few activities are:
- Feather collaging
- Finger painting
- Frog rhyming
- Gone fishing game
- Starfall website
Please remember to send your child with a coat especially for the morning classes as we go outside starting at 8:30. Be sure your child wears athletic shoes, as the creek can be slippery!
Smelling, feeling, seeing, and hearing experiences made our "senses" hike a multi-sensory lesson, even passing the decomposing pumpkins in our compost bin was a sensory experience as we watch and smell them change from Jack-o-lanterns into soil. We continue our outdoor search for the cycles that we can see in the gardens and those we cannot see, like days of the week, months of the year, etc.
Pre-k students also will be making bird treats to hang in our Holiday Treat Tree by the creek entrance. Hanging the treats in the tree is as much fun as making them for our wild bird friends!
Reminders and Events
Please label all coats and jackets that are sent to school.
- November 20 - Turkey visit
- November 23 - November 27 - Thanksgiving Break - No school
- December 2 - Moving Up to Kindergarten (for P2s) at 6 p.m.
- December 3 - Media Center Open House
- December 18 - All School Program - Performances at 8:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.
- December 21 - January 1 - Winter Break - No School
Ask your child about...
- How do you say "mommy" and "daddy" in Spanish?
- What did he/she see on the senses walk near the creek?
- What is his/her favorite kind of tree at Lamplighter?
- Name something that begin with the letter Ff.