Yoga for Seniors
2nd intake starts this July!
Where, When, How much?
- At the community hall of Damansara Jaya Residents and Owners Association (DJROA)
- Every Wednesday from 6.30 - 7.30pm. Starting 27 July 2016
- RM180 for residents of DJ and DU. RM280 for others
Photos from the 1st intake: March to June 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a misconception that only the young and flexible can practice yoga. On the contrary, yoga is most prescribed by medical doctors as a safe and effective way to get fit and healthy for seniors.
2. I have a minor surgery on my spine/knee/arm/leg/foot, can I still join the class?
Do consult your doctor, let them know the nature of the class, it is most likely that they will say ok.
3. What is the minimum and maximum age?
Minimum age is 50. There is no maximum age as long as you do not need special assistance to move around.
Wai Kuan’s teaching experience since 2009 includes assignments at Manasa Yoga, a Yoga Alliance Registered School (RYS), where she still teaches groups part-time, and teaching patients for the Malaysian Parkinson’s Disease Association and members of the Malaysia Association of the Blind. She teaches mainly from her fully-equipped home studio in Damansara Jaya.