Northern Middle Newsletter
Weekly Update 1/29/23
The end of the first marking period was on January 25th. Report cards will be distributed in HAC on February 3rd. If you have questions about one of your child’s classes, please contact the teacher.
8th Grade Families - we are approaching the time of the school year in which 8th grade students will start the process of registering for 9th grade courses and exploring the extracurricular options that are available in high school. We have added a section below in the newsletter for 8th grade families which contains information from the high schools as they are received. Be sure to check each week for updates.
Have a great week!
Mr. Webster, NMS Principal
NJHS Students Attend LEAD Conference
CCPS Student Transfer Requests for 2023 – 2024
The attached letter outlines information regarding information for students currently enrolled on approved transfers or interested in submitting transfer requests for the 2023 - 2024 school year. The application is now available. Transfer requests that are not submitted by February 15th may not be honored due to lack of space at the desired school or grade level. Please note that transfers are approved on a one-year basis so families must apply/reapply each year.
Spread the Love Classroom Refresh
On February 14, 2023, there will be one teacher from each level (elementary, middle, and high school) who will win the classroom refresh. The sponsors of this event are Educational Systems Federal Credit Union and Community Bank of the Chesapeake.
The link to purchase online tickets is: https://tinyurl.com/SpreadTheLoveRefresh
NMS Yearbook 22-23 – On Sale Now
Be sure to order your 2022-23 NMS Yearbook! Yearbooks are sold online at https://link.entourageyearbooks.com/view_account.asp?l=FA7A42A7-C300-45ED-BBEB-129ECDED39DC.
Yearbooks are currently on sale for $35.00. If you have any yearbook questions, please contact Mrs. McGuire at email@example.com.
NMS Winter Athletics Home Game Schedule
We are excited to see our basketball teams, cheerleading squad, and poms squad compete against the other middle schools. Below is the schedule of home games for the regular season.
Games will start at 4:30 pm. Students and families who wish to attend as spectators will be admitted starting at 4:00 pm. Admission is $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for students.
- 1/31 - Boys Basketball, Cheer, Poms at home vs PPMS, Girls Basketball at PPMS
- 2/7 - Girls Basketball, Cheer, Poms at home vs WHMS, Boys Basketball at WHMS
If you have any questions, please contact our Athletic Director, Ms. Emond, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-550-9230.
CCPS Science and Engineering Expo - Feb. 25th
Northern Middle School PTO
The electronic link for membership is https://pto-membership-83842.cheddarup.com
You can also access the NMS PTO Facebook group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/nmsbobcatspto/
The PTO is organizing several committees to help with events throughout the year. If you are interested in helping, please sign-up at https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0e4aa8ac2dabfac70-ptocommittees
Information for 8th Grade Students & Families: 9th Grade Course Registration, Extracurricular Opportunities, Etc.
Upcoming 9th Grade Registration Nights
- NHS – February 7, 2023, 6PM (AP US History Session to follow)
- CTA – February 8, 2023, 6PM
- HHS – February 16, 2023, 6PM (AP US History Session at 5:30)
Resource Flyers and Opportunities for Students and Families
CCPS Mental Health Fair - 5/2/23
Recurring Resources for Families
Become a Volunteer
Calvert County Public Schools uses Raptor for visitors and volunteers to sign in and sign out. Volunteers must apply annually to be an approved volunteer. All volunteers will need to review the volunteer handbook and watch the volunteer training video before completing and Online Volunteer Application. Volunteers must be approved before they may begin service as a volunteer in any school buildings.
CCPS Online Volunteer Application & Process: https://www.calvertnet.k12.md.us/departments/human-resources/become-a-volunteer
Family, Student, & Staff Responsibility – Daily Health Screening
It is the responsibility of all families, students, and staff members to self-assess before entering a school bus or CCPS facility by answering the following questions:
- Has the individual or anyone in the family been sick with dry cough, shortness of breath, chills, fever, muscle or body aches, sore throat, or loss of sense of taste or smell in the last 5 days?
- Has the individual or anyone in the family been exposed to COVID-19 and asked to quarantine? If yes, who was directed to quarantine and what date did the quarantine start? (Ensure quarantine time is up and symptoms have improved.)
- Has the individual or anyone in the family tested positive for COVID-19? If yes, who and when? Were they having any symptoms? (Ensure quarantine is up and symptoms have improved.)
- Student and staff should not attend school if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been medically advised to quarantine. If this is the case, please contact our School Nurse, Carin Fleshman, at 443-550-9227 or email@example.com.
Here Comes the Bus - A School Bus Tracking App for Parents
Here Comes the Bus (HCTB) is an app with tracking features for the bus(es) your child(ren) is assigned to ride. They include
- Showing the real-time location of your child's bus on a map
- Scheduled and actual arrival times at home and school for bus routes
- Push and email notifications when the bus is near
Click this link for more information on getting the app - https://www.calvertnet.k12.md.us/departments/transportation/bus-status/here-comes-the-bus
To create an account, you will need to know your child's ID number and the school district activation code 87557.
If students have questions about their device (laptop/computer), they can get help from a member of the CCPS IT team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-550-8146. Students needing assistance can also drop off their laptop in the main office and fill out a paper Help Desk ticket.
Supports are also available on the CCPS website using the Technology Support button (pictured below) on the main page. This resource provides links to submit help desk tickets, frequently asked questions, and other resources students can use to solve issues.