Walt Whitman Elementary
Weekly Communicator 10/12/2015 to 10/16/2015
- Thank you Ms. Bridgette and Ms. Smith for helping picture day go smoothly!
- Thank you Ms. Schnuck for helping out Friday morning with all of the subs in the building!
- Thank you Mr. Pearson! You make a pretty good secretary/registrar substitute!
- We met our student attendance goal last week! 6th grade had the highest attendance with a rate of 96.8% attendance for the week!
- We appreciate each of you that have been helping while we are short staffed with custodians!!!
Baby Hornet Happenings
2. Our ILD, Jennifer Gripado will be in the building on Tuesday, October 13th. We will be doing classroom walk throughs.
3. Parent Conferences will be held on October 12th and 13th from 3:30 to 6:30.
4. Please make sure you are following our dress code policy. Jeans should be only worn on Fridays. Also, please make sure you read in your handbook regarding absences. All requests for personal leave must be submitted in advance and must be approved by administration.
5. We will be having PLC meetings this week. Please bring your Teacher Binders and your daily schedule.
6. Parent conference meetings should involve the use of data. I have printed student reports for all grades. If you are still in need of a report to be printed, please let me know.
7. Our focus for this week is College and Careers and Problem-Solving. Ms. Brandt's class will be in charge of Rise and Shine.
8. When we return on Tuesday, October 20th we will reteach PRIDE Expectations in all settings. The PBIS team will be sending out the teaching schedule. Tuesday should be used to 'reset' your classroom expectations as well.
9. All hall bulletin boards should be updated and ready on Tuesday, October 20th.
10. The School Support Team from the State Department of Education will be in building on Tuesday, October 20th.