Pleasant Plains Update for Families
May 15, 2020
Chromebooks are arriving for our K-2 students!
Prior to using Chromebook please note the following:
- The Chromebook will need to be charged before use. Please charge it before trying to turn it on.
- Directions for connecting the Chromebook to a home network or the hot spot can be found below
- If you requested a hotspot the directions for setting up your hotspot are include in the box with the hot spot. See the directions provided in Spanish below.
- The Chromebook and power adapter are to be returned to BCPS once students physically return to school.
If there are any issues with the Chromebook or power adapter, please contact BCPS Department of Information Technology Help Desk at (443)809-4672.
If someone received a device in error, please return it to BCPS (600 Stemmers Run Rd, Essex, MD 21221).
Guía de Inicio Rápido
Do you need help with your account? a Computer? or other Technology?
How to Access Google Meet in Spanish
When are the teachers "Office Hours" and how do I contact my child's teacher?
Each week teachers will be monitoring student engagement. Please make sure your child is completing their work and/or touching base with their teachers each week.
Ideally, knowing every home is different, every circumstance is different, we encourage all students to try to complete the following each week:
- Attend the daily Google Meet classroom meetings
- Complete 2 reading, 2 math and 1 of the following science, social studies or health lessons each week (All lessons are posted in Schoology by week and they align to the work in the packets)
- If your child has an IEP or receives ESOL services we ask that your child meet with their special educator or English language teacher once a week.
- Attend one special area class per week - art, music, library, PE etc.
- And finally,, complete one lesson for each special area - music, art, library, and PE each week
Please Continue to Reach out to Our Social Emotional Support Team
If you are worried about your child, need support, or if you just need help finding food or other resources please reach out. We are here to help!
From left to right:Trish Voegtlin - School Counselor email@example.com Office Hours: M‐F 1‐3
Traci Harris - LCSW‐CSchool Social Worker firstname.lastname@example.org Office Hours: M‐F 11‐ 1
John Morant- SEL Teacher (Behavior Support) email@example.com Office Hours M‐F 10‐12
Rachel McNeive - Instructional Support firstname.lastname@example.org Office Hours: TTThF 1‐3
Luke Sinkler - SEL teacher (Behavior Support) email@example.com Office Hours: M‐F 8‐9 and 4‐5
Grab and Go Meals for ALL BCPS Students
UPDATE: Students do not need accompany parents/guardians to pick-up meals.
Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For more information:
NEW Outdoor Food Pantry for Pleasant Plains Families!!!
With the help of the Student Support Network they will be opening their outdoor food pantry this Friday and hope to continue every Friday.
We have a new food/essential items distribution site opening this Friday, May 22, from 11 am to 1 pm at Loch Raven Technical Academy!
You will see these instructions several times this week so please bear with us - from the Towson Police Community Outreach Office:
For this distribution, the school entrance can ONLY accept cars turning RIGHT into the school from LaSalle Rd. NO left turns from LaSalle into the school entrance will be possible.
Walkers: there will be a station open for students/families walking to pick up food, so please let people know that is an option. Parking available on both sides of LaSalle Rd.
A big thank-you to Sergeant Horst of the Community Outreach Office, and to Officer Suber (SRO for the school) for meeting me today at the school and advising on traffic logistics!
This distribution is open to all BCPS students/families
regardless of where students attend school.
Food Pantries/Assistance for Central Area Families (Please bring a photo ID)
Student Support Network
Fridays, starting at 11:00 a.m. at Parkville High School
Assistance Center of Towson Churches
120 West Pennsylvania Ave, Towson
Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m.- 2:45 p.m.
Community Assistance Network (CAN)
7900 East Baltimore St., Baltimore 21224
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Jewish Community Services
5750 Park Heights Ave.
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. 3:00 p.m.
Mt. Calvary A.M.E. Church
300 Eudowood Ln
Towson, MD 21286
Towson United Methodist Church
501 Hampton Ln
Towson, MD 21286
Rock City Church
1607 Cromwell Bridge Rd
Parkville, MD 21234
Babcock Presbyterian Church
Noon and 6pm seven days a week
8240 Loch Raven Blvd.