Ms. Missy's Messenger
What's up in the Community Classroom?
May 1 - May 11, 2017
For the next two weeks, we will be learning about ...dogs, cats, birds, turtles, rabbits, hamsters, lizards, and even hermit crabs. During this time, we will read a variety of books related to different types of pets. We will learn what we should do to take care of pets and what types of animals do and do not make good pets. We will be talking a lot about the similarities and differences among the different types of pets. During the two weeks, we will make crafts, play games, and work on different skills while using pets.
Related Theme Books
Here are some great books about pets. Check out your local library for more great books!
- Dog's Colorful Day, by Emma Dodd
- Bear Snores On, by Karma Wilson
- Goldy Lucky and the Three Pandas, by Natasha Yim
- Corduroy, by Don Freeman
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Touch the Sky, My Little Bear, by David Bedford
- Found, by Salina Yoon
- Bears in Chairs, by Shirley Parenteau
- Hands Off My Honey, by Jane Chapman
- I Love You, Mister Bear, by Sylvie Wickstrom
HSE Illness Policy
If your child has had a fever, has vomited, or has had diarrhea, he/she must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school. With a fever, your child must be fever free without the use of fever-reducing medication for 24 hours before returning to school. I know this is sometimes frustrating, because you do not want your child to miss school. We don't want your child to miss school, either. However, we do not want to spread illness throughout the class. Thanks so much for your understanding.
- If your child will not be riding the bus, please contact transportation prior to school to let them know at 594-4117.
- Please check your child's notebook daily for important information and/or artwork that is being sent home.
- If you have not already sent in an extra change of clothes for your child, please do so as soon as possible.