December 17, 2017
ALL ITEMS LEFT IN LOST & FOUND WILL BE DONATED DURING CHRISTMAS BREAK! There are lots of jackets and hoodies...please encourage your child to grab their items.
Upcoming This Week and the Month of December:
Monday, December 18th - Thursday, December 22nd Christmas Spirit Week
Monday, December 18th
- Christmas Pajama Day
- Lady Eagles Basketball vs Breckenridge 4:00
- Eagles Basketball at Breckenridge 5:00
Tuesday, December 19th
- Christmas Sock Day
Wednesday, December 20th
- Christmas Hat Day
- Semester Exams 1st, 2nd & 3rd period (click here for adjusted schedule)
Thursday, December 21st
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
- Semester Exam 4th period 7:55 - 9:10 (click here for adjusted schedule)
- Football Walkthrough 9:25ish at BJH
- Early Release 12:00 (if attending game feel free to pick them up at 10:00 a.m.)
- Brock State Game @ AT&T Stadium 3:00 p.m.
Friday, December 22nd
- Plaid/Flannel Day
- Early Release 12:00
- Semester Exams- 5th, 6th, 7th period (click here for adjusted schedule)
- End 3rd Six Weeks
BJH Semester Exam Schedule
UIL: Congrats to the Brock ISD Elementary and Junior High UIL Teams as both schools are DISTRICT CHAMPIONS! Thank you to all students, coaches, and parents for all of your hard work and dedication to UIL!
Brock PTC Fundraiser, January 24th: Come watch the Wizards take on Brock ISD Staff - tickets are $10.00 - $30.00. Seating time starts at 6:00 p.m. & game time is at 7:00 p.m. (more information to come)
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - email@example.com.
Christmas Break December 25 - January 8th
Classes resume Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 7:55 a.m.
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.