WSHS Counseling Center
Weekly Update- March 3, 2023
Upcoming dates to keep in mind...
- Juniors Field Trip to Rochester National College Fair (permission slips are available in N14)- Monday March 13th
- Senior Awards Applications return deadline Friday March 17th
- Career and Skilled Trade Fair @ Webster Schroeder- Friday March 31st
- Juniors College Tour Field Trip-Nazareth and St John Fisher- Monday April 17th
- Juniors and Parents- College Admissions Presentation April 19th
- Pre ACT exam (Sophomores registration coming week of March 13)- Saturday April 22nd
- ASVAB (Juniors, Seniors take precedence then open to sophomores)- Friday April 28th
- SUNY College Fair @ Brockport- Juniors Wednesday May 3rd (there will be pre-registrations and a field trip permission form)
- Seniors accepted and planning on attending MCC in Fall 2023. There will be a Field Trip in May for course registration/tour/campus life meeting/financial aid etc
Webster Schroeder High School Career Fair- Friday March 31st info
First, this is our Webster Schroeder Career Fair Directory - this list is not final; more institutions may be added before the 3/31 event. In this directory students and families can find all of the companies that have already registered and a brief description. They can also look at the different career fields that will be represented in the career fair.
This is a Parent and Alumni Registration Form - If any parent or alumni would like to attend the fair they need to complete this form. This will help our security staff with flow and traffic concerns.
Finally there are a handful of companies that are willing to interview or meet individually with students. If a current HS student would like to interview or meet with any of the companies who are participating in this they need to complete the Student Interview Registration Form. Students will select the company or companies they would like to interview with. Please note that completing this form does NOT guarantee an interview.
If you have any questions about the career fair please email Patrick Claire at Patrick_Claire@webstercsd.org
** Students eligible for free/reduced lunch may also be eligible
for fee waivers for SAT, ACT, and PSAT exams.
Please stop down to see your Counselor in N14. **
Senior Awards Common App Deadline is Friday March 17th 2023
Application Packets are still available in N14- Counseling Center
NACAC Field Trip Permission Forms can be picked up in N14- Counseling Center
Completed forms need to be returned by Thursday March 9th 3:15pm
Remember students attending, either on Sunday with family or on Monday through school, need to complete the registration with NACAC to receive a barcode.
Register to attend through Naviance: College Visits
University Of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus
Wednesday March 8th @ 11:30 AM
John Carroll University
Thursday March 9th @ 12:30 PM
Tuesday March 14th, 2023
Golisano Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship
Monday March 20th @ 12PM
Jamestown Community College
Wednesday March 29th @ 11:30 AM
College Board has Scholarships too
University of Mississippi offers Pre-College Summer Program for Juniors and Seniors
The Office of Summer College Program is offering the Exploring Arts Track. The Exploring Arts track is open to all rising juniors and seniors. The students who meet the requirements can apply for a scholarship base on merit or need. Suppose you have students passionate about music, art, drama, and film production. Please, encourage them to apply. I have attached an outline of the courses and track emphasis in the pdf. If you have any questions, please contact me at 662-915-2344.
https://pcp.olemiss.edu/credit-programs-application/ - application must complete
UM Undergraduate Admissions Application (click here)
Applicants must complete the application as a "non-degree seeking student" attending for the "Full Summer 2022-2023" term.
Please see the tutorial video and guide below for more detailed instructions.
UM Admissions App Tutorial Video
- If the application fee will cause undue hardship for your family or you are unable to pay due to financial need, please have your school counselor complete the NACAC application fee waiver on your behalf.
** Just a note: The Counseling Center's Newsletter gets updated on a weekly basis.
Check back each week for new info***
Information in this newsletter is shared as a courtesy showing what is available to students and families. Many questions can be directed to our Counseling Center located in N14.
Webster Schroeder Counseling Center
Secretary Mrs. Mezzanini 670-5008
A - Ca Mrs. Ostrander 670-5055
Ce - Fi Mr. Claire 670-5263
Fo - K Ms. Berardo 670-5255
L - N Mrs. Henry 670-5095
O - Schi Dr. Cooke 670-5101Schl - Z Mr. Barilla 670-5249