2020-2021 November 14, 2020
From The Principal
With only one week before the Thanksgiving Holiday begins it reminds us how quickly time has flown since we began the planning for the 2020-2021 school year in August.
One thing we have learned these past months is the campus newsletter is a helpful communication tool but sending it out weekly may not be as useful to families.
The Smore tool used to create our letter allows us to see how many times readers access the document. At its height on September 9th we had over 1000 readers. Currently we are averaging around 520 readers a week with this last newsletter on receiving 280 readers.
We will now move to an every other week publishing schedule. Our remote families will receive a separate email/text with the week at a glance to continue to assist with planning for your remote learner.
Parents, managing Canvas notifications can be tricky because there can be so many! One way to manage this situation is to have notifications go to a second email you have, and then turn them off in the original email you use to sign in with. Use the link to learn how to add another email, or text number:https://www.gottasectech.com
Nurse Kendall Update
Do Not Send Cough Drops To School With Your Child. Cough Drops Are Considered Medication And Have To Be Brought By The Parent And A Medication Permission Form Must Be Signed
At Home Learning Calendar
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.