Fulton Science Academy
ACCREDITED AND STEM CERTIFIED COLLEGE PREP GIFTED SCHOOL
Week of August 12, 2019
Dear Students, Faculty, and Parents,
I hope everyone had a great first week of school and is looking forward to the rest of the year as much as I am!
If your student has not turned in their required signed handbook pages, please take a moment to complete these and send them in with your student as soon as possible.
Please make sure to read through for important information for the year, and please take a moment to carefully read through the bell schedule and dismissal procedures. It is very important that the arrival times and dismissal procedures are followed for the safety of both our students and faculty and staff.
Everyone have a great week!
There's still time to vote!
Voting ends August 15th!
When your student will be absent from school for the entire day, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Very Important Dismissal Instructions; Safety Concerns
1ST DISMISSAL BETWEEN 2:30PM and 2:35PM
This dismissal is only for elementary school students who do not stay for clubs. If your child stays for clubs, please do not come to the dismissal area during this time.
This dismissal will happen in the dismissal area near to the playground between 2:30 and 2:35. If you come after 2:35, the entrance to the dismissal area will be closed and you will be asked to wait till the second carpool
begins at 3:16.
2ND DISMISSAL BETWEEN 3:16PM and 3:40PM
- Elementary students who stayed for clubs but do not stay for paid clubs starting at 3:20pm and/or after school care
- Middle school students who do not stay for clubs, after school care, or other activities
- Carpools with both elementary and MS/HS students
- This dismissal will happen in the dismissal area near to the playground between 3:16 and 3:40. If you come after 3:40, the entrance to dismissal area will be closed.
- Any elementary families arriving after 3:40pm should no longer use this dismissal area unless you also have a middle or high school students. You should park your car in one of the parking areas (not the circular area in front of school), go to cafeteria and pick up your child.
- High school students, please do not use the playground area for dismissal. High school students should communicate with their parents through their phones and just walk to their cars using main door. High school families should park in one of the parking areas (not the circular areas in front of school) as they wait for their children.
3RD DISMISSAL BETWEEN 4:00PM and 4:10PM
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Elementary families, please do not use the dismissal area for this carpool. After 3:40, you should park your car in one of the parking areas (not the circular area in front of school), go to cafeteria and pick up your child.
- Middle school students who attended clubs
- Middle or High school students with elementary siblings or carpools with both elementary and MS/HS students
- High school students, please do not use the dismissal area for dismissal. High school students should communicate with their parents through their phone and just walk to their cars using main door. High school families should park one of the parking areas (not the circular areas in front of school) as they wait for their children.
This dismissal will happen in dismissal area near to the playground between 4:00 and 4:10. If you come after 4:10, you should park your car in one of the parking areas (not the circular area in front of school), go to cafeteria and pick up your child.
We have a barcoded school dismissal system. Please ensure that you have your barcode card ready and available when you arrive to pick up your student. In order for dismissal to run quickly and smoothly, it is important you have your barcode card every day. The barcoded system makes our dismissal process more efficient and safer for the students. When entering the lobby, please have your barcode visible to be allowed to proceed to the cafeteria to pick up your child. Thank you for your help with this process. If you lose it, you can always get a copy from the front office.
- Please note the difference in the traffic flow between drop off and pick up. There will be staff members available to guide you during the process.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers will inform parents about dismissal because their dismissal procedures are different.
- If you are a carpool family, you must also have a carpool card for the children you will be picking up. You can request extra carpool cards for this reason.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
After School Care is available every weekday till 6:00pm for $15 per day or $200 per month for those who register for the monthly plan. The afterschool care charge begins after 4:30pm.
- Monthly Payment Plan for After School Care – $200 per student (A savings of about $100 per month)
- Additionally, there will be 10% after school care discount for the siblings when they register for the monthly payment plan.
For those students who regularly use after school care, we recommend the monthly payment plan to save money. Once you register, you will be sent invoices at the end of each month between the months of August and May. If interested, please REGISTER HERE. If not interested in a monthly registration, you do not need to do anything. You will be charged per day as you use these services.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
With Warmest Regards,
What's in this Issue?
- Curriculum Night is coming up!
- School Hours & Bell Schedule
- VERY IMPORTANT Arrival & Dismissal Instructions
- State School Superintendent Richard Woods seeks 2019-20 Student Advisory Council
- FSA NAMED #7 BEST PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOL AND MORE IN GEORGIA ON NICHE
- Steam Innovation Awards (SIA)
- Be the Solution STEM Competition
- FSA Sideline Store; 20% off Back-to-School Essentials!
- The Borgen Project; A Community Fundraising Program to Raise Awareness and Donations for Global Poverty Reduction Advocacy Measures
- 2019 - 2020 Sports & Try Out Schedule
- 2019 - 2020 Volleyball Schedule
- Paid Club Options
- Soccer Clinics for PK - 8th Grade
- FSA Spanish Trip to Costa Rica!
- Order Your Yearbook by September 30th to get 15% Off!
- FSA Sideline Store 20% off on back to school essentials
- SMART TUITION
To establish an educational framework designed to achieve the highest academic results and instill enduring strength of character by leveraging innovation and STEAM curriculums for college preparedness and lifelong student success.
Fulton Science Academy Private School envisions to be a nationally ranked and recognized school for pre-K through 12th grade, serving advanced and gifted student populations committed to academic success, civic responsibility, global citizenship, and high ethical values within a safe environment that celebrates diversity and is nurtured by the collaborative efforts of its stakeholders and the broader community.
quote of the week
Dates / Events Subject to Change
Tuesday, August 13: Volleyball Game AWAY at Kings; MS 5:00, VG 6:00
Thursday, August 15: Volleyball Game AWAY at Lyndon; MS 4:30, VG 5:30
Tuesday, August 20: First Cross Country (XC) Meet @ Praise (see Coach Ayres for time)
Tuesday, August 20: Volleyball Game HOME against Fideles; MS 4:30, VG 5:30
Thursday, August 22: Volleyball Game HOME against Cristo Rey; VG 5:00
Thursday, August 22: Volleyball Game AWAY at Cornerstone; MS 5:30
Friday, August 23: New Parent Breakfast, 8:30 am (more info to come)
Monday, August 26: PreK -2nd Grade Curriculum Night, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Tuesday, August 27: 3rd - 5th Grade Curriculum Night, 6:00pm - 7:30pmTuesday, August 27: Volleyball Game HOME against Kings; MS 5:00
Tuesday, August 27: Volleyball Game HOME against South Atlanta HS; VG 5:30
Wednesday, August 28: 6th - 8th Grade Curriculum Night, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Wednesday, August 28: Picture Day by LifeTouch (more info to come)
Thursday, August 29: 9th - 12 Grade Curriculum Night, 6:00pm - 7:30pmThursday, August 29: Volleyball Game HOME against Lyndon; MS 4:30, VG 5:30
Friday, August 30: Costa Rica Informational Meeting (3:20pm in Room P6)
Did you can always view the monthly calendar on our website as well!?
Curriculum Night is coming up!
Would you like to learn more about your student's curriculum? Do you have questions about what your student is learning at FSA? Check the times below and come join us for Curriculum Night beginning Monday, August 26th!
FSA NAMED #7 BEST PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOL AND MORE IN GEORGIA ON NICHE
School Hours and Bell Schedule
Please know that if Elementary students arrive
AT or AFTER 7:40am, they will be marked as tardy.
Please know that if Middle or High School students arrive
AT or AFTER 8:00am, they will be marked as tardy.
Families, Please Update your Information
Please take a few minutes to update your information. In order to keep our records accurate, we need this information on file for every student, each year. It should take less than 10 minutes to complete. Thanks so much for your time.
Steam Innovation Awards (SIA); Save the Date!
New Parent Breakfast with the MSO!
New Parent Breakfast on Friday the 23rd of August - watch your email for the Evite.
We are collecting old uniforms in good condition for resale. Please drop off at the front desk.
Paid Club Options
While regular after school clubs began today, paid clubs will not begin until August 19th or later. Please contact your paid club for the exact start date.
Please send an email to email@example.com
Payments can be done online through this club's online registration.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments can be done online through this club's online registration.
Join the FSA Spirit Squad and Cheer on our Athletic Teams, Academic Teams, and more!
The spirit squad is a paid club that will consist of a group of students that want to cheer on FSA and the wonderful students that are here! Our club will practice weekly to learn new cheers and chants for upcoming events. We can’t wait to join together this year to create an energetic, supportive squad for FSA!
When: Mondays from 3:30 - 4:30
Cost: $75 a semester for clothing
- Mrs. Henderson (2nd Grade Teacher)
- Ms. Campfield (5th Grade Teacher)
Click the link to sign up: https://forms.gle/bn4NFTyMGsMBtyFE6
!FSA Spanish Trip to Costa Rica!
FSA Sideline Store; 20% off Back-to-School Essentials!
20% off $100 orders only applies to select product on BSN SPORTS Sideline Store.
Exclusions apply. Offer valid while supplies last.
The FSA Sideline Online Store allows the user to select the item, color, logo, and team whether it be academic or athletic; even different sayings! The possibilities are endless! There is everything from cotton shirts to Dri-Fit Nike or UA workout shirts and so much more! Get the perfect item to rep FSA whether outside of school or for Spirit Days!
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR SIDELINE STORE
The Borgen Project; A community fundraising program to raise awareness and donations for global poverty reduction advocacy measures
The Borgen Project is an innovative national advocacy campaign that aims to bring global poverty reduction to the forefront of U.S. foreign policy. The organization operates through mobilization and congressional outreach; as interns, we work at the grassroots and legislative levels to foster constituent engagement and urge congresspeople to support or cosponsor key poverty-minimizing legislation.
For one of my projects, I have to implement a fundraising campaign with a goal of raising $500. For this campaign, I’m organizing a community fundraiser by incorporating performances by music schools and dance academies to encourage participation.
The program will be split into two halves, each spanning a duration of 45 minutes. The first half will constitute classical performances (primarily instrumental thus far) and the second half, semi-classical, Bollywood, etc. I am actively looking for more performers for both halves, one group for the second half, and two groups for the first half. Time slots are flexible and can be adjusted according to the structure of all of the performances. I would appreciate any help with participation in performances and volunteering and will provide acknowledgment and service hours for any academic requirements as well.
Internship & Telecommute Internship Opportunities
State School Superintendent Richard Woods seeks 2019-20 Student Advisory Council
The Student Advisory Council will meet with State School Superintendent Richard Woods four times during the 2019-20 school year to discuss how decisions made at the state level are affecting students throughout Georgia. This position also includes service-oriented work on behalf of Georgia’s students, so applicants should have a strong interest in community service. All students in grades 7-12 are eligible to apply.
Middle school students will meet October 21, January 15, and March 24 with a joint community service day on May 5.
High school students will meet October 22, January 16, and March 25 with a joint community service day on May 5.\
All meetings will take place in Atlanta. For those students who are chosen and live 50+ miles outside Atlanta, overnight lodging is provided.
To be eligible for the council, this application must be received by August 31, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Students who are selected for the council will be notified directly by email on September 16, 2019, and the full list of selected students will be posted at GaDOE.org/studentadvisory the same date.
We are seeking a range of students with diverse perspectives for the Student Advisory Council. Questions such as GPA are included to ensure we are not selecting, and receiving feedback from, only those students who are highest-performing. There is no required GPA to participate in the Student Advisory Council.
Be the Solution STEM Competition
My name is Divya Nori. I have a sibling that attends FSA, and I am a junior at Milton High School.
I recently started an organization called Be the Solution [website link].
Be the Solution is hosting a STEM competition for middle and high school students called the Be the Solution Challenge. Students can create any technology-based solution to a problem related to the 2019 theme. They then film a 2 to 5 minute submission video explaining/demonstrating their project and winners will be selected by experts in the area.
1st Week of School Classroom Highlights!
2019 - 2020 Sports & Try Out Schedule!
Students can also pick up one of these schedules from Coach Ayres in the Athletic Office.
2019 - 2020 Volleyball Schedule
Soccer Clinics for PK - 8th Grade!
In preparation for the new school year, I wanted to send an email to share our clinic/program information for the month of August. Please keep in mind that all clinics are for students in grades PK-8.
Fridays, 4:30pm - 5:30pm (August 9th, 16th, 23rd, & 30th)
Saturdays, 10:00am - 11:00am (August 10th, 17th, 24th, & 31st)
Please be sure to register online as early as possible so that we can confirm that the sessions will be able to be held. The deadline for registration is August 5, 2019. If we have enough register, an email will be sent August 7, 2019 confirming the sessions. The fee for the August clinic will be $100 payable via cash or check (made out to Oueslati Sportschule).
To register online please follow the link below:
Also, please complete and return the attached waiver and image release form if you have not already done so.
*New for the 2019-2020 school year, we will be introducing an adult fitness class with a women's only option and adult sport leagues such as soccer and basketball for FSA parents and the community. Please email us at: email@example.com if you are interested or for more information.
We will also be resuming our Saturday Street Soccer sessions directly following each of our Saturday morning clinic sessions. These sessions are designed for students to participate in scrimmage with minimal interference but maximum supervision. I would highly recommend participation in these scrimmages to any middle school students interested in playing soccer for FSA in the Spring but not limited to. The fee for this program will be $25 per month.
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Thank you for your continuous support!
Have a great day,
Order Your Yearbook by September 30th to get 15% Off!
Important Vaccination Information
Medical Care Plan Forms, and Medication Forms, (asthma, food and insect allergies, diabetes, seizures, other health conditions), are available on the Nurse page, of the Student Life drop-down, located on the school website.
Medical care plans will need a doctor signature as well as prescription medications. Always consult with your physician with questions concerns, and to inquire about side effects.
FSAPS Tuition Information: http://fultonscienceacademy.org/tuition-information/
Smart Tuition is the tuition management system used by FSA. In addition to tuition, all incidental billing such as aftercare fees, sports and academic team fees, trips, etc., is also done through Smart Tuition. There is a $50 yearly fee for Smart Tuition.
If you have not set up your account or are having trouble setting up your account, please contact our Business Administrator Abdurrahim Kurt by phone or email.
Phone: (678) 366 - 2555 ext. 105
Home Visits; A Great Activity for Your Student, No Matter Their Grade Level!
Here is some feedback from our parents:
- “Early in the school year, a group of teachers took the time to come to our home to meet us and discuss the school program with us. That event brought us back to the time in which schooling was a true partnership between parent and teacher and reaffirmed in our minds that FSA truly cares about the development of our children”
- “We even had two teachers visit us at our home. They were a pleasure to meet and we could clearly see how much they enjoy teaching students.”
- “Thank you very much for your visit and the chocolates yesterday. We enjoyed having you over very much. I also want to thank you for turning math from the most complicated and somewhat scary subject into one of our most favorites.”
- “We all enjoyed your visit last night to our home. It was such a pleasure to informally get to know both of you. My son thought it was really cool that two teachers came to his house. He talked about it the whole way to school this morning in carpool. Personally, I admire the dedication you both have for your jobs. It makes a big difference in a student’s attitude toward school. Your visit left no doubt in my mind that FSA was the right decision for my son.”
- “I just wanted to write on behalf of my husband and I and thank you for visiting our child. He loved having you both come and visit. We appreciate the level of caring and attention that you have consistently shown our family. It is rare to see such a dedication from teachers for their jobs. We can tell that you love teaching and you care for our children. Thank you for visiting our child when he was not feeling well.”
How can I schedule a home visit?
To schedule an elementary school home visit: Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with some suggested dates/times, as well as your students' name(s) and homeroom assignments. Ms. Unal will be in touch to confirm final details.
To schedule a middle or high school school home visit: Simply email email@example.com with some suggested dates/times, as well as your students' name(s) and homeroom assignments. Mr. Duman will be in touch to confirm final details.
Depending on our teacher’s availability, at least two teachers will be together to visit our students and parents at their homes. The best times to schedule a home visit are weekdays after 5:00 pm, and anytime during the weekends, except Sunday mornings. For any questions you have about this program, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
FSAConnect mobile App
We are happy to inform you that now you can check fsaconnect by mobile app.
Here is how you can access the app:
ITunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/radix-mobile/id1159005166?mt=8
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radix.radixmobile
The links can also be found at the bottom of your connect page by the other social media links.
A pop-up banner will appear on top of the screen when users access the school connect on their mobile devices.
Site link: https://fsaconnect.fultonscienceacademy.org
Username: fsaconnect username
Password: fsaconnect password
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR REMIND, OUR SCHOOL NOTIFICATION APPlication
JOIN FSAPS REMIND HERE: https://www.remind.com/join/fsaps
We have created a remind account to keep our community informed and up-to-date with what is happening at our school.
By joining "FSAPS remind," you will receive messages via push notifications, SMS, or e-mail. We recommend SMS option for our families and students.
We will use this tool as an addition to other communication portals we use at our school to keep our families apprised of what's happening at Fulton Science Academy. Thank you.
FSA SOCIAL MEDIA
Please connect with us online and grow our social media following!
FSA is proud to be building a strong social media presence and we encourage you to follow us using one or more of the following links:
4- FSA LINKEDIN
So many of you have LinkedIn accounts. To get news about our school on LinkedIn, simply follow our schools’s LinkedIn page.