Notre Dame News
September 27-October 1
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. (Psalm 19.7)
October 1: Picture Retake Day
- Students ... please remember to bring your own masks each day. We are providing disposal masks to those students who forget, but our supplies are limited and we are noticing several students are requesting masks daily. Thank you for your help!
Truth and Reconciliation: Smudging
- Tuesday, September 28 or Wednesday, September 29: Are you interested in learning more about Smudging? Come to room 1405 during NDHS to learn more!
- Thursday, September 30: All are welcome to join in a smudge. Come to room 1405 @ 12:40 and then we will head outside.
Truth and Reconciliation: Indigenous Lunch
- September 30: The Foods 20 class in partnership with our ND Cafe will be serving bison stew, bannock, and saskatoon tarts!
- SR Football @ Lacombe - 4:30 pm Kick Off - ME Global Athletic Park
September 25, 2021
- JV Football host Hunting Hills - 1:30 pm Kick Off - Great Chief Park
Wednesday, September 29
- SR Volleyball hosts Hunting Hills - Boys at 6:00 pm and Girls to follow
- Tickets will be sold day of game at office. There will be a live stream on the ND Facebook Page
Thursday, September 30th
- JV Volleyball is at Hunting Hills - Boys play at 6:00 pm and Girls to follow
- More information about tickets at Hunting Hills will be released when we have it. There will also be a live stream
Friday, October 1st, 2021
- SR Cougars Football Host Lindsay Thurber - 7:30 pm KickOff at Great Chief Park
- There will be 170 tickets available for this game at the gate . You need student ID Card to get access. We will try and livestream on the ND Facebook Page Friday October 1st and Saturday October 2nd - JV Volleyball teams in Edmonton for Edmonton Pickle and Volleyball Center Tournament
Friday, October 1st - Saturday, October 2nd
- JV Volleyball teams in Edmonton for Edmonton Pickle and Volleyball Center Tournament
Student ID's - If you haven't gotten a Student ID yet (or are needing a replacement) please see Ms. Dinan at the textbook window. Replacements cost $5.00.
- Tech Tuesdays - Weekly at Lunch
- D & D Club - Every Wednesday at Lunch
- Board Game Cafe - Every Friday at Lunch
Student Volunteer Opportunity
Thousands of hours of volunteer time are needed to pull together this incredible event. Please visit the coordinators on October 5-6 in the Gathering Area to find out more and sign up to help!
Apply Alberta Sessions - Grade 12 students - sign up is required!
The current schedule is as follows:
- Session 1: Monday, September 20: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Session 2: Tuesday, September 21: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Session 3: Tuesday, September 28: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
All sessions will take place in the Learning Commons AND online. Students must sign up in advance as space will be limited to 20 students per session. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M1t5geUoG_Oze4am9lfKU1l6n2qBdVsskOHnyaF1rZg/edit?usp=sharing Once you have signed up for a session, for those students planning to participate on line, the Google meeting ID will be emailed to you. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Halter (email@example.com). Most post secondary applications open on October 1!
Submitting your Application to the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta has over 200 undergraduate program options, $34 million in scholarships and awards, 450+ student groups and clubs, award-winning teachers and researchers, and an amazing student body!
This information session will give students an opportunity to learn more about programs, campus life, admission requirements, and upcoming events for prospective students.
Join online and learn how to submit an application for admission to U of A! This session will begin with a short presentation and will be followed by a Q & A with a UAlberta Advisor.
- Monday, September 27: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 29: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 6: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 7: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
To register, click: https://www.ualberta.ca/admissions/undergraduate/tours-and-events/index.html
University of Alberta Info Session - For Notre Dame Students Only!
Horatio Alger Scholarship Program - Grade 11 Students
Loran Scholars Award
- Be in your final year of uninterrupted full-time studies in high school.
- Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%.
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Be at least 16 years of age by September 1st of the following year.
Students who graduated in 2021 and are currently taking a gap year are also eligible to apply.
Red Deer Polytechnic’s Building on Excellence: Fall 2022
To apply, email your Detailed Academic Record or transcript and an up-to-date email address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org starting October 1, 2021. These awards are limited - students are encouraged to apply early!