Keeping you "In the Know"...
"Learning begins at the edge of your comfort zone."
* Dinah Chancellor: Wednesday, January 20th- Dinah will be working with Kinder, 3rd grade, and 4th/5th grade math teachers on mathematical thinking and reasoning--and the types of questioning that generates it. Remember to bring the data collected by your students as well as your field guides.
*Dinah Chancellor: Thursday, January 21st-Dinah will be working with 1st and 2nd grade teachers on mathematical thinking and reasoning--and the types of questioning that generates it. Remember to bring your data collected by your students as well as your field guides.
4th Grade MATH Professional Learning Thursday, January 21st from 3:00-4:00
This week's 5th grade PD went very well including rich conversation about student behaviors and teacher behaviors that will impact student achievement. I'm excited about our learning this week in fourth grade!
Cluster 6: Summarize to Determine Importance will be loaded for K-5 on January 22nd
PD REMINDERS per grade level:Professional Learning - 7:20-8:20 - Admin Training Rooms
- Kindergarten - April 1, 2016
- First Grade - March 25, 2016
- Second Grade - March 18, 2016
- Third Grade - February 26, 2016
- Fourth Grade - February 19, 2016
- Fifth Grade - February 12, 2016
We will celebrate the successes teachers have had with implementing the ELAR cluster pre-assessments and the utilization of that data in developing common formative assessments. Teachers will need to bring (1) an example of how they have used the ELAR cluster pre-assessments to create CFAs and (2) a technology device.
Soil, sand, and gravel has been delivered to all campuses this week.
Please remember to look through the science lab equipment and talk with other grade level science leads before ordering supplies from the store. READ through lessons before ordering so that you know how much of given supplies your team might need
TALK, READ, TALK, WRITE
- Our professional learning at our last staff meeting goes hand in hand with what Ms. Mesa presented to us with Talk, Read, Talk, Write. I wanted to pass along a clip of a kinder teacher implementing Talk, Read, Talk, Write within her classroom.
- Here is a video of the kindergarten using one of the Talk Read, Talk Write strategies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=actb9jgnBog