Newsletter for Ridgeview Middle School (Issue 1: 8.2023)
The Principal's Post
Dear RMS Families,
Welcome RMS Families to the 2023-2024 school year! We are delighted to have each family as a part of our school community.
All families should have received our annual welcome back mailing which contains pertinent information regarding Ridgeview. If you did not receive your mailing you can visit our website where you will find a copy of the RMS Opening Parent Letter as well as the other items mentioned in the letter under the Information and Parent Information tabs respectfully.
I look forward to seeing each Ridgeview family at the Back to School Family Meeting and Ice Cream Social on Thursday, August 17th, at 5:30 pm.
Natalie M. James
The RMS Theme for this school year is: "Helping Our Students to Blossom"!
Calendar of Events
- August 17, Thursday, at 5:30 pm: RMS Back to School Meeting and Ice Cream Social
- August 19, Saturday, at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm: Back to School Fair at Fort Hayes Metro Campus
- August 23, Wednesday: 1st Day of Classes for the 2023 - 2024 School Year
- September 4, Monday: Labor Day Holiday (No School)
- September 13, Wednesday: Immunization Exclusion Day
- September 20, Wednesday: Professional Development Day and No Students in Attendance
August 19, Saturday: Back to School Fair for CCS Famlies
Join us for school supply giveaways, up-to-date information on after school programs, wellness exams, safety information, social services, and more.
Let's start the 2023-2024 school year strong with one of the largest back-to-school events in Columbus! Click on the picture to the right or here to register.
Last year this event welcomed over 7,500 families to receive school supplies, learn about community resources, and ask questions of District staff about the upcoming school year. The 2023 - 2024 event particulars are below:
August 19, 2023
10:00 am -2:00 pm
Fort Hayes Metro Campus
546 Jack Gibbs Blvd., 43215
Nurse GIna: Health Care Services Offered at Some CCS Locations
We would like for every RMS student to be healthy and ready to learn. Here's information for student health care services located in Columbus City Schools.
Students can get health care services - just like they would at a doctor's office - right at school! School-based health clinics are hosted in partnership with Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Clinics are open during school hours and the days open may vary. Families can call 614.355.2590 (option 3) for an appointment or for more information. Students can also stop by their school clinic.
Clinics are available in the following schools:
- Buckeye Middle School
- Columbus City Preparatory School for Girls
- East High School
- Linden McKinley STEM Academy
- Livingston Elementary School
- Marion Franklin High School
- Moler Elementary School
- Northland High School
- Ohio Avenue Elementary School
- South High School
- West High School
For up-to-date information on school-based health clinics, continue checking the main CCS website or visit NationwideChildrens.org/Care-Connection.
This is the RMS PBIS Corner - Take Note
What is PBIS? It is Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports.
PBIS is a framework for creating a safe, positive, and equitable environment at RMS. At our school, we want every student to feel valued and connected to the school community in addition to being supported by caring adults.
These evidence-based practices within a PBIS framework, enables RMS to support your child's academic, social, emotional, and behavioral success, engage with families to create locally-meaningful and culturally-relevant outcomes, and use data to make informed decisions that improve the way things work for everyone. At Ridgeview, we call this "Be RMS":
Be a Member
Click HERE for the full meaning of Be Responsible, Be a Member, and Be Safe ...
- in the Hall
- in the CLASSROOM
- in the RESTROOM,
- in the CAFETERIA
- in the AUDITORIUM
- on the BUS
- at RECESS
- at ENTRY AND DISMISSAL
- and AGAINST BULLYING
Each month, we will highlight the locations (9 listed above) of where we expect your child to practice "Be RMS". Take a moment to become familar by clicking on the link above or the picture above.
RMS VISION, MISSION, and CORE VALUES
Each student at Ridgeview Middle School will show a year's worth of growth or more in reading and math as measured by District and/or state assessments by the end of each school year.
We exist to create an environment where students are educated through a lens of culturally responsive teaching, mindfulness, and the use of high-quality data. Collectively we aim to advocate, challenge, and support student growth in all areas of development.
Our Core Values
-Create a safe, encouraging, inclusive, and supportive environment
-Maintain high expectations
- Inspire student success
-Demonstrate respect through empathy and inclusivity
Dear RMS Families,
Please consider joining the RMS PTA.
We will have monthly virtual meetings and a variety of activities supporting Ridgeview Middle School.
Please plan to attend our first PTA Meeting virtually on: Thursday, September 7th.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 811 9688 9925
You can email the PTA at RidgeviewMSPTA@gmail.com.
Ms. Manko, President
Please Join us for our monthly meeting on the first Thursday of each month
via Zoom from 6:00 - 7:00 pm.
Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83808379105
Got Questions? Call the FACTLine
Need Help? Check Out Our Community Partners
LSS 211 offers services from homeless shelters to senior living. Call 211.
- City of Columbus CARES Act offers assistance with utilities.
- Cap4Kids provides resources for families in the areas of meals, housing, utilities, mental health, and lots more!
- Charity Newsies offers clothing assistance & winter coats.
- Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio offers pharmacy services and medicines, counseling on proper medication usage, health screenings, wellness education, and social program assistance for those who cannot afford them. (614) 227-0301.
- Clintonville Resource Center serving all of Central Ohio by providing assistance through the food pantry, child and youth programs, senior services, and kinship care program.
- Franklin County Children Services 2022 Guide provides information on local emergency or non-emergency assistance to families.
- Mid Ohio Food Bank provides food locations by zip code.
- OhioKAN ensures every kinship and adoptive family who wants support navigating the resources available to them can get it.
- Project Connect provides help to families living in shelter, car, motel, campground, and doubled-up families.
- Emergency Broadband Benefit provides relief for broadband services and a laptop, computer, or tablet.
Ridgeview Middle School
Ridgeview Attendance email: email@example.com
Ridgeview Attendance phone number: 380.997.6994
FACTline Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACTline Phone Number: 614.221.FACT (614.221.3228)
Customer Relations Phone Number: 614.365.8888
Customer Relations Email: email@example.com
Family Ambassador Debora Myles: 614.365.5506