♤♧ Wanted ♢♡
|| $500K REWARD ||
Reward for the capture, dead or alive, of the infamous and feared gangster known as "Bugsy" Siegel.
- Jewish American mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel is 41 years old, born on February 28th, 1906 in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York.
- Handsome and charismatic, he is one of the first front-page-celebrity gangsters.
Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel
Mugshot taken on April 12th, 1928
The Flamingo Hotel and Casino was the start of his notorious gambling operation in Las Vegas.
- Newspapers refer to him as "Bugsy".
- He hates the nickname (said to be based on the slang term "bugs", meaning "crazy", used to describe his erratic behavior), and prefers to be called "Ben" or "Mr. Siegel".
- 1931 - With a goal of killing off many of New York's veteran gangsters, Siegel is one of four hit men hired to execute Sicilian mobster Joe "the Boss" Masseria.
- 1937 - Siegel relocates his bootlegging and gambling rackets to the West Coast.
- He settles in California, sets up gambling dens and gambling ships while also securing the already existing prostitution, narcotics and bookmaking rackets.
Virginia Hill and Flamingo Hotel and Casino
- 1945 - Siegel moves to Las Vegas with his actress Virginia Hill, where he begins working toward his dream of building a gambling mecca in the Nevada desert.
- With funding from the eastern crime syndicate, construction of the Flamingo Hotel and Casino begins under Siegel's supervision.
Ben Bugsy Siegel english documentary part 1