Help Change the World
What is obesity
Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.
The Great Debate
Is obesity a disease or a result of peoples own choices?
- Childhood obesity is a serious medical condition that affects children and adolescents. It occurs when a child is well above the normal weight for his or her age and height. Parents can solve childhood obesity , if they restricted children eating habits
- Georgia has the 10th highest childhood obesity rate in the United States. Currently 35% of youth in Georgia are overweight or obese.
- some ways that schools can help is serving healthier foods for children
Good Eating Habits are Learned. ~
Reason for Obesity
- Many aren't very physically active
- One reason for this is that many people spend hours in front of TVs and computers doing work, schoolwork, and leisure activities
- In fact, more than 2 hours a day of regular TV viewing time has been linked to overweight and obesity
- Other reasons for not being active include relying on cars instead of walking, fewer physical demands at work or at home because of modern technology and conveniences, and lack of physical education classes in schools
- Our environment doesn't support healthy lifestyle habits
Ways Our Enviorment supports unhealithy lifestyles
- Not having parks, trails, sidewalks, and affordable gyms makes it hard for people to be physically active
- People often say that they don't have time to be physically active because of long work hours
- Oversized food portions in restaurants
- Some people don't live in neighborhoods that have supermarkets that sell healthy foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Or, for some people, these healthy foods are too costly.
- Food advertising
Our plan is to set up fitness centers in all parts of Georgia. We plan to make these locations convenient. We plan to make services little to no cost/affordable. We plan to have health and fitness classes with personal trainers included. We plan to make fitness the top trend.