Camp Road Cougar News
October 27, 2022
Hello CRMS Family,
First let me apologize for sending out our weekly communication late. I had a family emergency that kept me from working on the newsletter on Sunday.
A few important things, because this newsletter is going out late...
1. Mrs. Bouton is working hard to make a super fun bingo event for our 6th grade students. I know it's last minute, but please take a look at the section of the newsletter about the donations she needs for this event tomorrow.
2. PTO is also in need of donations for a variety of events. Please take a look at the section of the newsletter for PTO.
3. There have been some questions about how disciplinary actions are handled at CRMS. As required by CCSD, we follow the CCSD Progressive Discipline plan. This document outlines how discipline should be handled for all students across the district for all offenses. We use the Middle School PDP and the ADAPT PDP, which is specifically for Drug and Alcohol offenses. If you have any questions about the PDP or disciplinary concerns, please feel free to reach out and set up an appointment to talk with me. Please keep in mind that public schools are held to specific confidentiality laws to protect student and family personal information. We are unable to share specific disciplinary information for children other than your own. However, I am available to talk about any overall concerns that you might have as a parent.
October 25: Candygrams Sold at Lunch
October 26: Candygrams Sold at Lunch
October 27: Candygrams Sold at Lunch
October 27: Thrilling Thursday
October 28: After School Bingo Fundraiser
October 28: Report Cards Distributed
October 31: Start of Fall Spirit Week - see below
We now have a working Annual Calendar for those of you that like to be able to look ahead. We will continue to update this calendar with all school events, including JICHS sporting events that some of our CRMS students may be participating in.
Fall Spirit Week
News from PTO
CRMS has a lot of fun events coming up and we need donations to make them happen! Candy Grams, Honor roll cookout, and Fall Dance are all happening in the next few weeks! Thanks to those who have signed up to donate. Check the site below to see what is still needed!
Sign Up NOW for The Campout! Family Literacy Event Nov. 3, 5:00 - 7:00 pm
You don’t want to miss The Campout! We have great activities and sessions planned for adults, our CRMS students, and their younger siblings. Spaghetti dinner, the James Island Cowboys, and more. The event is a drop-in, so come when you can and stay as long as you like. Participants who attend at least three sessions will be eligible for our door prize drawings.
Bingo Donations Needed! Ticket Sales Begin Monday, Oct. 24
Our sixth-grade Bingo event is this Friday, 3:45 - 5:15 pm. We are still in need of lots of donations; please sign up here to help make this fundraiser a success.
The event is limited to CRMS sixth graders only. Tickets ($10.00) will be available beginning Monday, Oct. 24, in the library. We can accept cash or checks (make out to CRMS), but we only have space for the first 125 students to purchase tickets.
Friday afternoon the Bingo bunch will be released from homeroom to the cafeteria. Please plan to pick up your student outside the cafeteria (the circle of the car rider line) at 5:15 pm. Thank you for supporting this author visit fundraiser!
Cougar Community Day at CRMS!
News From Guidance
Red Ribbon Week is nationally celebrated in October. To honor this week and its mission, faculty/staff and students are encouraged to wear red on Friday, Oct. 28th.
The Counseling dept has rescheduled to celebrate Red Ribbon Week to November. We will develop activities and resources to bring about drug-prevention awareness through advocacy and education.
- Part Time Band Director
If you know any qualified and interested candidate, please have them reach out to Ms. Rowehl via email.
School Technology Information You Need to Know...
Students should NOT bring their Chromebook chargers to school. Please charge devices at home each evening. Chargers tend to disappear at school, and we have no way to track them. Students will be responsible for the cost of replacing lost chargers, so please don’t let your student bring the charger to school!
A reminder about the CCSD fee structure for damages and loss of chromebooks:
- Negligent/Accidental Breakage - No charge for first incident per school year $50 per incident for each subsequent event
- Intentional Vandalism - $300.
- Stolen Device - No cost if a police report is provided
- Lost Device - $300
- Lost Charger - $40