Wolf Pack Weekly
November 8, 2019
Dear MVHS Students and Families,
I want to send a quick note expressing how honored and excited I am for the opportunity to step into the role of Interim Principal at Mission Vista High School. My journey at MVHS began when I was hired as an Assistant Principal toward the end of the 2013-2014 school year, and I knew from the very first moment I stepped on campus that Mission Vista was an amazing school. I feel privileged to have been a part of the Mission Vista community for the past five and a half years, and every day I am grateful to be able to work alongside such talented and dedicated students, staff, and families. As we move forward with the school year, I am excited to continue supporting the phenomenal work that we as a faculty and staff have been doing together to serve our students and families, and I am committed to doing everything I can to continue serving the needs of our school.
MVHS Family and Community Liaison
(760) 758-6800 x73988
EVENTS ON CAMPUS THIS WEEK
Monday, November 11: Veteran's Day (No School)
Tuesday, November 12: Senior Meeting (last 30 minutes of 2nd period, Theater)
Wednesday, November 13: PLUS Forum (periods 3 & 4, Room 906)
Wednesday, November 13: Fall Play 12 Angry Jurors (4:00pm, Theater)
Thursday, November 14: Fall Play 12 Angry Jurors (7:00pm, Theater)
Friday, November 15: Student vs. Staff Volleyball Game (3:30pm, Gym)
Girls Golf competes at the CIF Team Championship
Author Tanya Ross presents to our English classes
Opening Night for MVHS Theater Production: 12 Angry Jurors
- Our Counselors are hosting "College Applications" workshops every Wednesday from 3:00 - 4:00 until the end of November
- The College and Career Center is now open. Mr. Faraimo is here to assist you with all things related to your colleges and careers.
- If you require a Letter of Recommendation from your counselor, please provide your brag sheet and 15 school days advance notice.
- Note: College applications are due Saturday, November 30th. This is the week of Thanksgiving break. If you require assistance from your counselor, please have that conversation prior to our break.
All Freshmen - Mr. Kramer
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha A-E - Mrs. Parli
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha F-N - Mrs. Kenney
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha O-Z - Mr. Chavarin
Progress report grades will be submitted on Wednesday, 11/13 and progress notices will be sent out shortly thereafter.
For information about your student's current grades, please click on the link to Parent Portal below.
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
November 21st and 22nd - Club Carnival
November 21st and 22nd - Fusion Dance Show
November 22nd - Girls Basketball vs. Poway
November 25-29th - Thanksgiving Break
MVHS Holiday Ornaments! $10 each and FREE personalization! Limited supply - hurry before they’re gone! Orders due by December 6th. See flyer for order information and details. (A fundraiser for MVHS PTSA. Thank you for your support!)
TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION INFORMATION
Join Us in Taking the Timberwolves Foundation Challenge!
Last year, we gave back $21,000 and were able to grant teacher support, site support, grants and scholarships to MVHS! Imagine what we can achieve if every Timberwolf took the challenge!
1) Gold Ribbon Parent - Donate $100.00
- Gold Ribbon decal to display – showing your proud support of students at Mission Vista High School
- 10% off admission tickets to: A Night of Comedy and Magic (March 14th, 2020) One of the most anticipated parent night-out fundraisers of the year!
- Success in completing the $100.00 Challenge!!!
2) Twenty-Dollar Challenge - Donate $20.00
Rest assured that your full donation will go directly to our school and, no portion goes to pay the traditional fundraiser companies, such as magazine, wrapping paper, chocolates…
3) Any Amount – Any Time! - Donate any amount
Customize your Challenge to the any amount that fits your budget!
MVHS VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
Our Purpose is to empower students to be self-directed, creative, and critical thinkers who persevere to positively impact the interconnected world.
We Value mutual respect, collaboration, integrity, originality, and intellectual curiosity that prepare our students to become integral members of society.
THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION FOR
SPONSORING THE WOLF PACK WEEKLY!