The Viking View - Families
From the desk of Principal Williams
First, thank you to all of you that completed the Youth Truth Survey! We had 59% of our families participate! That is amazing. This information will give us valuable information to determine the needs of our school.
We are approaching the 100th day of school and it makes me think of how far we've come during this school year. I am proud of you at home navigating this world we are living in. We appreciate you and are committed to the success of your students here at Steele Lane. Thank you for partnering with us!
We have an assembly this week at 8:15 am. The scholars of the month will be announced. The link will be given to your student via their teacher so they can join.
With much gratitude,
Reading at home tips
5 Things You Can Do At Home to Promote Reading:
- Read every day! Start a reading routine and stick to it!
- Reread favorites: Most children love to read their favorite stories more than once. That's OK! Rereading books allows students the opportunity to practice a book they know, which is great for fluency.
- Demonstrate the joys of reading: Children will mimic the adults around them.
- Find the words in everyday things: Take the time to show your student reading and writing in everyday life (grocery lists, notes to the teacher, maps, recipes, etc)
- Talk, talk, talk. You can build a student's vocabulary through rich conversations. Talk to your students. Use big words and define them (e.g. "Wow! That is enormous! Enormous means really big!")
Scholars of the Week
Daniela Molina, Esmeralda Molina, Dorian Aguilar Rosales, Mateo Rodriguez,Diego Pedroza Manoatl, Jorge Labra Medina,Jacob Alvarez, Elisa Navarrette ,Ajay Santiago Velencia, Lupita Perez Reyna, Salvador Jimenez, Axel Valencia,Jose Martinez,Marilyn Martinez Parra,Vincent Miranda, Jimena Cortez,Marcus Saman,Ethan Pintor,Romero Garcia, Anna Zarate,Neyra Santos Solorio, Donte O’Cop, Irving Castillo, Kevin Hernandez, Astryd Camarena, Manuel Navarrete, Jordan Tinkelenberg, Briana Williams
Counselor Appreciation Week!!!
If you or your student would like you can also send him an email to email@example.com to let him know how much he means to you.
We need students enrolling at Steele Lane!
Materials to pick-up
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.