Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | October 29, 2021
Hello Indian Run Families,
What a fun and FULL week at IRE! Just a few highlights from the week:
- Our 3rd graders finished the Fall State ELA Test
- We had an awesome Spirit Week
- A visit from The Columbus Symphony Orchestra String Quartet
- Harvest Party FUN!
- Continuous learning!
Our students continue to learn and grow every day! Thanks for your continued partnership this year! We hope you and your families have a fantastic weekend! Please see below for our IRE updates.
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
Veterans Day - November 11
Do you have someone in your family or a close friend that is/was a Veteran? We would love to honor them in a special Veterans Day edition of The Wire. Please share the following information with Amber Brown firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5th.
Branch of the Military
How is this Veteran connected to someone at Indian Run Elementary?
Picture (past or present) of the Veteran
Grow 2 Serve Garden
Love gardening? You're just who we're looking for! We are in need of a chairperson to partner with Mrs. Meyers to help support the IRE Grow 2 Serve Garden. Everything grown in the garden supports the Dublin Food Pantry and our school community. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this rewarding position.
- Wow! Thank you so much for all of your generous donations. We have currently raised $16,383 for IRE!
- We are so excited for our students! From their fundraising efforts they have earned a popsicle party at lunch on Friday and Pajama day next Monday, 11/1! All prizes will be sent home with students next week.
Dine & Donate
- Dine and Donate at The Berwick! Skip cooking next Friday (11/5) and help support IRE!
- HOW IT WORKS: Go to: https://the-berwick.com/taste-of-italy-tour-menu Find the Taste of Italy Tour Date 11/5 for Indian Run Elementary in the drop down menu. Pick and choose from their delicious menu! Pick up your order on 11/5 from 5-6 PM at IRE from their catering truck. *All orders must be submitted by 11/4 at 1 PM. 10% of all orders will be donated to IRE PTO!
The PTO is so sorry with the supply chain issues we faced with the last spirit wear sale. If you did not receive your items, and you have not been refunded yet, please contact the vendor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Check the Families of Indian Run Elementary School Facebook page next week for a post regarding t-shirt sales. The PTO is going to do a bulk order of two items that we know are currently in stock. Once they are screen printed and delivered, we will sell from what we have in stock, that way there are no missing items!
PTO November Newsletter
Harper's Corner - November 7
Interested in your Child learning about the importance of diversity and inclusion being represented in books, make bookmarks, and label books. Consider attending joining Harper's Corner on November 7 from 2-3pm to help prepare diverse and inclusive books to be donated to local school libraries. See the link below for more details.
Dublin City Schools is hiring for All Substitute Positions
New daily rates for teachers ($155.00 - $180.00 per day)
New hourly rate for paraprofessionals/clinic aides/custodians/clerical staff ($16.50 per hour)
To apply visit: https://www.escco.org/Substitutes.aspx
Also hiring substitute bus drivers ($20.81 per hour)
To apply for substitute bus driver positions visit: https://www.dublinschools.net/Page/1108
Student teachers who are graduating in December and are interested in substitute teaching in January 2022, should contact Lynnette Focht at email@example.com.
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- November 2 - No School - Staff Work Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 13 - World Kindness Day
- November 24-26 - No School
- - - - - - - - -
The latest COVID-19 data for Dublin City Schools is posted at this link.
Reminder: School pathway deadline is today (Friday, Oct. 29)
If you would like your student to switch from DCS Virtual to in-person learning, or from in-person learning to DCS Virtual for the second semester, the deadline to make that request is today. Please fill out the form at this link.
2021 Community Satisfaction Survey
More than 80 percent of our community is happy with the quality of education being provided to our more than 16,000 students. You can view the full results of the survey here.
New quarantine guidelines
Reminder: No School Nov. 2
Just a reminder, there will be no school on Nov. 2 (Election Day) to provide safety and security professional development for staff.