January 11 - 15
The Shady Brook Vision and Mission Statements
Knowledge Informs and Determines Success for Students
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary is to educate all students for success today and tomorrow.
Important SBE Events to Remember:
- 1/11 Sixth Grade IB Presentation
- 1/12 Homeroom Parent Mtg.
- 1/13 Student Birthday Celebration
- 1/15 End of 3rd Six Weeks
- 1/15 Noon Dismissal for students
- 1/15 Teacher Workday in the PM
- 1/18 District PD day
- 1/19 Parent Survey Window Opens
- 1/21 Suzuki Strings Field Trip
- 1/21 Corral Café - 4th Grade
- 1/21 PTA/Writing Family Night
- 1/22 Popcorn/Coke and Hat Day
- 1/22 Report Cards go Home
- 1/26 Fifth Grade Field Trip to Amon Carter Museum
- 1/26 Kindergarten Parent Mtg.
- 1/28 Staff Birthday Lunch Celebration
- 1/28 Officer Lindsey Bullying Presentation to 6th Grade
- 1/28 1st and 2nd Grade Parent Night
- 1/29 Marylou out for CTA Exchange Day
- 1/29 Spring Picture Day/Group Pictures/TOY Picture
- 2/1 - 2/5 Counselor Appreciation Week
- 2/9 SBE Talent Show
- 2/11 Kindergarten Off-Campus Lunch
- 2/12 Classroom Valentine's Parties
- 1/12 Shannon to Budget Prep Training
- 1/12 Ande to Nurses Mtg.
- 1/13 Shannon to Principals Mtg.
- 1/14 4th - 6th Grade Collaboration Time
- 1/14 Staff Mtg.
- 1/14 Campus Improvement Committee Leadership Mtg. (not required for everyone)
- 1/18 Denise & Stephanie to off-campus Mtg.
- 1/19 Shannon to Onboarding Mtg.
- 1/21 Goal Team Mtg.
- 1/26 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs. (3rd - 6th)
- 1/27 Shannon to Instructional Principals Mtg.
- 1/28 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs. (3rd - 6th)
- 1/28 Staff Mtg.
- 2/3 Marylou to CTA Mtg.
- 2/3 Clarence to AP Mtg.
- 2/4 - 2/5 Shannon to Principal's Academy
- 2/4 Goal Team Mtg.
- 2/9 Ande to Nurse's Mtg.
- 2/10 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs. (K - 2)
- 2/11 Campus Visit by Mary Stokic
- 2/11 3rd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs. (K - 2)
- 2/11 Team Leader Mtg.
Testing at a Glance:
- 1/12 Math CBA 2 Grade 2
- 1/12 Reading CBA 2 Grades 3 and 6
- 1/12 Science CBA 2 Grade 4
- 1/12 Science CBA 3 Grade 5
- 1/14 Social Studies CBA 1 Grade 6
- 1/19 - 2/8 Reading 3D Testing Window
- 1/20 Math CBA 3 Grades 3, 4 & 6
- 1/20 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk; Grade 3
- 1/20 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 6
- 1/20 Math CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 2
- 1/21 Science CBA 3 Data Talk: Grade 5
- 1/21 Science CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 4
- 1/25 Social Studies CBA 1Data Talk: Grade 6
- 2/1 Math CBA 3 Data Talk: Grade 3
- 2/1 Math CBA 3 Data Talk: Grade 4
- 2/1 Math CBA 3 Data Talk: Grade 6
- 2/2 Writing CBA 1 Grade 3
- 2/9 Math DBA 1 Grade 5
- 2/10 Writing DBA 2 Grade 4
Kudos to. . .
- Lori Lane for volunteering to stay with tutoring students because other teachers needed to leave to make it to their trainings on time.
- You all for the in-depth look that you are taking into the needs of the students. We received several messages from people across campus that shared that they had an "aha!" moment while looking at data for a specific student! Keep it up!
CELEBRATE EACH OTHER! SEND YOUR KUDOS TO SHANNON SO THAT SHE CAN ADD THEM HERE. WE HAVE GREAT THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING. . .SHARE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING. If you would like for your submission to be anonymous just let me know. :)
News you need to know!
Thank you - Thank you for taking a few minutes to jot a quick note of appreciation to Mr. Fred Campos for School Board Appreciation month!
Thank you #2 - Thank you for making the adjustments needed to make sure that our Diagnostician receives the ARD Worksheet on time! This takes the effort of all involved with the student due to the time needed to collect the information, so Thank You!!!
Collaboration Mtgs. - Melissa is setting up collaboration mtgs. with various grade levels in the upcoming weeks. As we start these, please have patience as we adjust to this schedule. As various teachers collaborate together, we have some volunteers that are assisting with coverage for the classes. They will help get students to and/or from Fine Arts/P.E. if needed.
Arrival- Please make sure that you are at your assigned duty and/or at your door, greeting kids on time. Seeing you at your door to greet them when they arrive can make a student's morning that much better! This helps us all to make a smooth start to the morning arrival.
Reading 3D Testing Window - Melissa and Lisa will be involved with testing during this window. If you need assistance from one of them, please send them an email as they will not be able to respond on the walkie. Thanks!
Students in the Office Area - If a student needs to come to the Front Office, Workroom or to see Mrs. Evans, please remind them to use the Front Office door. Students should not be entering through the office hallway door because an adult is not always available to help them as needed. By entering through the Front Office, we avoid having students wandering around. Thanks for your help with this!