Third Grade Thoughts
Weekly News from Glenhope 3rd Grade! (Volume 16-17,Issue 23)
Save the Date
Monday, February 20th
-President's Day holiday - no school for students; teacher workday
Friday, February 24th
-Lunch with the principal (February character trait: self-control)
Monday, February 27th
-class picture day
Wednesday, March 1st
-6-week progress reports
-Dallas World Aquarium field trip
How are we growing our brains next week?
-fraction word problems
-intro mixed fractions
**nightly Math HW - practice fun facts
**weekly Math HW - Lonestar (given Monday, due Friday)
-types of poetry (narrative, humorous, free verse, lyrical)
**nightly Reading HW - read for at least 20 min.
-developing our narrative writing
-organizing writing into paragraphs
-how forces affect position & motion
Valentine's Day Party: Thank you
The picture above is a perfect visual for showing the true beauty of success. What a great reminder!
LEAD WITH GCISD
Did you know that Superintendent Dr. Robin Ryan writes a "BEST Report" every Friday discussing the week? It's located on the GCISD homepage (toward the middle) under the tab "BEST Report." Take a look at his report from last week:
We all have a part
I am so proud of what our students accomplish each and every day of the school year, but lately we have been inundated with good news from our students. Here are just a few examples:
- Nine GCISD students were named to the All-State band or choir.
- A CHHS student was named a Presidential Scholar. (She also had a perfect score on the SAT and the ACT!)
- A CES student designed an original “challenge coin” for the Soaring Valor trip to the WWII Museum in New Orleans in March.
- A CHHS student was named the Youth of the Year for the Colleyville Chamber of Commerce.
- Numerous student-athletes from GHS and CHHS signed letters of intent to play a sport in college.
- CHHS and GHS produced musicals that were filled to the brim with talent.
- Hundreds of students are involved in basketball playoffs, band, soccer games, choir, softball, baseball, debate, swimming, one-act play, wrestling, golf, tennis and numerous other activities.
The constant force behind the success of all of these students is a cadre of caring adults. Whether a teacher, coach, bus driver, facilities services, administrators, nutrition services, technologist, office staff, crossing guard, and even the person in charge of purchase orders, we all have a part in shaping the successful educational experiences for our students.
Thank you for doing your part. It takes all of us to Build Excellent Schools Together!
Stay in the Loop!
text @glenhope3 to 81010
Each teacher has their own classroom Facebook. Make sure you check there for notifications as well as pictures and videos!
Mrs. C. Lee's Classroom Facebook & Email
Miss Hayes' Classroom Facebook, Twitter, & Email
Mrs. J. Lee's Classroom Facebook & Email