Komen Race for the Cure

Race for the Cure

About the Foundation

The Komen Race for the Cure series is the largest 5K series in the world. There are more than 130 Races with well over 1.5 million participants each year. Funds raised at Komen Race for the Cure events help to support community outreach programs in 18,000 communities. Up to 75 percent of the income from each Race stays in the local community to fund breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment projects. The remaining 25 percent supports the Komen Award and Research Grant Program.

Race for the Cure 5k

one of the largest 5K run's or walks rases awareness and funds for the breast cancer movement. This 5k celebrates surviovership and those who have lost the battle with the disease.

The Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk

The 3-Day is a 60 mile walk, you will walk approximately 20 miles each day until you reach the Closing Ceremony on Sunday afternoon.
3-Day Intro Video
Join Us for a New Season of Making Strides!

Works Cited

· Race for the Cure. Susan G. Komen, n.d. Web. <http://ww5.komen.org/>.

· "Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Is March 31 UTSA Today University of Texas at San Antonio." Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Is March 31 UTSA Today University of Texas at San Antonio. Susan G. Koman, n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2012. <http://utsa.edu/today/2007/03/komen.cfm>.

· "Komen Race for the Cure." Komen Race for the Cure. Susan G. Koman, n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2012. <http://www.komenelpaso.org/komen-race-for-the-cure/>.

· "2010 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Photos | Seattle Wedding Photographers | Red Box Pictures." 2010 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Photos | Seattle Wedding Photographers | Red Box Pictures. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2012. <http://redboxpictures.com/blog/?p=4202>.

· Breastcancer. "Join Us for a New Season of Making Strides!" YouTube. YouTube, 14 Aug. 2012. Web. 25 Sept. 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qlV_odoW5M>.