The Gayman Gazette
"Every time we act, we send ripples into the world."
March 13, 2015
- March 13th - Annie Jr. School Musical @ 7:00 PM
- March 14th - Annie Jr. School Musical @ 2:00 PM
- March 14th - 6th Grade Club at Highpoint @ 7:00 PM
- March 20th - Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM; AM Kindergarten Attends
- March 23rd - 2nd Grade to Plumstead Materials Quarry
- March 27th - Family Fun Bingo Night at Tohickon @ 7:00 PM
- April 1st - No Kindergarten - Kindergarten Conferences
- April 2nd - No Kindergarten; Early Dismissal for Grades 1-6 @ 11:55 AM - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- April 3rd - 6th - No School - Spring Recess
- April 7th & 8th - No Kindergarten - Kindergarten Conferences
- April 10th - Rescheduled Staff VS Staff Pillo Polo Game at Tohickon Middle School @ 4:15 PM
- April 11th - Rescheduled Family Fun Night Ice Skating Event @ 5:00 PM
- April 13th - End of 3rd Marking Period
Start Running With iRun4Life
This year Gayman will again offer the run club called IRun4Life. IRun4Life promotes fitness and healthy lifestyles with our children. Key features include running, good deeds, a goal race and running with parents. IRun4Life is open to grades 1st through 6th. For complete details and to register for IRun4Life click here.
March Boomerang Award
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets and the Nomination form please click on the link below:
March #28. Integrity. Young person acts on his/her convictions and stands up for his/her beliefs. Young person talks openly about what he/she believes in and values: they "talk the talk and walk the walk." Boomerang nominations may be emailed to Suzanne Vass at email@example.com, or printed out and sent into the office.
Reading Olympics Update!!
There will be a brief Reading Olympics meeting after school on Monday, March 16th. Students may be picked up at the front of the building at 4:15 PM. Final Reading Olympics Competition information will be distributed at that time.
The Reading Olympics Competition is scheduled for:
Date: Tuesday, March 24th
Location: Mill Creek Elementary School
Time: 5:30 - 8:30 PM
The competition occasionally ends early or may run late.
Letter from the HSA President
Join the Family Fun Night Committee for a night of games, prizes and fun!!
When: Friday, March 27, 2015
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: Tohickon Middle School Cafeteria
Prizes include beats headphones, Trenton Thunder Tickets and much more!! A fun snack is included for every attendee!! Please click here for complete details.
Hands Across The Sea Book Drive
Dear Gayman Families,
My name is Ryan Sheahan. I am a Gayman graduate of the 2014 school year. I am working on a service project called Hands Across the Sea which provides books and promotes literacy to young children in the Caribbean. I am running a book drive to collect gently used books ranging from picture books to chapter books. If you are wiling to donate, there will be a box outside the main office doors that will be there for about one month. We will be very grateful if you donate. If you wish to visit our website you can go to www.handsacrossthesea.net more for information.
Important PSSA Information
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has established the following time line for PSSA testing:
- PSSA English Language Arts: April 13-17, 2015
- PSSA Mathematics: April 20-24, 2015
- PSSA Science: April 27-May 1, 2015
If a student is discovered using and/or having a cell phone or other electronic device in his/her possession during the administration of the PSSA exams you will be contacted by the school (for complete details click here).
For PSSA Parent Information and FAQs please click here.