Mrs. Pugh's Class News
- Story Structure- Identify characters and setting
- Action words (verbs) in present tense
- Nursery Rhyme-Humpty Dumpty
- Word Chunk-digraph wh as in white and ay as in play
- Identify Color Words
- Print Concepts-Differentiating letters, words, and sentences
- Writing- We are learning to use our resources when writing creatively. For example-locate a word on the word wall, use letter chart to find a letter, find a color, number, or shape word in the room
- We will continue to work on writing our first and last names correctly on the lines.
- Letters- Capital U, V, W, X, Y, & Z
Word Wall Words
- We will add the following words to our word wall this week: and, play, we, & this.
Continue to practice reading I, a, see, the, like, can, am, my, me, look, at, is, go, you, have, & are.
- Explore 3D shapes
- Writing numerals 6-10
- Identify and order numbers 1-10
3D Shapes I Know (solid shapes song- including sphere, cylinder, cube, cone, and pyramid)
We had so much fun with our teddy bears on Friday. We will begin our Apple and Fall units this week. We will learn all about apples and Johnny Appleseed. We will culminate our unit with Apple Day on Friday, September 30. Apple Day letters containing more information and assigned apple item went home today.
- September 28- Bring favorite kind of apple to school
- September 30 - Yellow out-of-uniform day and Yellow Pep Rally
- September 30- Apple Day (Bring assigned apple item)
- October 6-Lower School Homecoming Carnival
- October 7- Pep Rally and UMS Homecoming Game Go Dawgs!!!
- October 10- Fall Holiday
Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! It's off to the Pep Rally we go!!!!
Have a great week!