- Spanish Hotline (Claudia Klein/Jesus Cervantes): (920) 663-9372
- Hmong Hotline (Mai Chang/Fong Hang): (920) 663-9373
- Yog koj xav kom muab cov ntaubntawv no txhais ua lus Hmoob, thov hu Hmoob Tus Xovtooj ntawm 663-9373.
Please click this link to share some quick feedback with us about a potential summer opportunity to help your child develop their math and reading skills.
Student Chromebook Collections
Please be sure to:
- Remove any student-added stickers
- DO NOT remove any MPSD-added stickers
- Clean off any sticky residue or dirt from your computer
- Bring both your Chromebook & charger to school
Students may be charged for any damage or lost items.
Parent Engagement Meeting Update
Year in Review
- It was great to be back in our building full time
- Often things still didn't feel quite normal. We all have changed in ways and we don't always realize it. We went through a variety of challenges and recognized that our students have more needs.
- Kids want to feel like they belong.
What Parents Shared with Wilson Administrators
Preferred Methods of Communication: Email, text, & school-wide newsletter
Parent-Teacher Conferences Preferred Format: 50% shared they preferred in-person conferences & approximately 39% preferred having both virtual and in-person as options to meet with staff.
Parent-Teacher Conferences Additional Feedback: People enjoyed having them in the classrooms rather than in the gym and being able to schedule conferences with core teachers in blocks of time. An individual shared they'd prefer to have virtual offered the entire time.
Preferred Parent Engagement Meeting Topics for 22-23 School Year:
- Encouraging & motivating middle schoolers
- Signs of anxiety, depression, & suicide and what to do
- Online safety & social media
- Tracking your middle schooler's progress
- Parenting tips for difficult behavior
- Parenting tips for communication
- Coping skills for dealing with stress
Preferred Time to Meet for Parent Engagement Meetings: 6:00pm
Comments & Suggestions Regarding Grades Included:
- Send progress reports at mid-quarter and end of quarter by mail
- Utilize Infinite Campus- providing frequent updates
- Provide additional clarification of grades listed in IC
- Offer mini sessions at conferences or throughout the year so parents know how to access Infinite Campus
- 50% of the parents felt students should have 1-2 hours of homework per week
- Approximately 27% of the parents felt they should have less than an hour of homework.
- Approximately, 15% of the parents felt students should have 3-4 hours per week.
- 80% of the parents shared they felt the amount of recess time was appropriate
- Provide a rotation of options for kids to participate in
- The more time outdoors the better
When Asked How We Could Increase Parent Connections with School, Parents Shared:
- Have teachers join the Parent Engagement Meetings on a rotating basis or having representatives for different groups
- Teacher communication throughout the school year- proactive communications