The Battle of Cambrai
The Month Long Battle
Chloe Gordon P.4
On the morning of November 20th, around 6:00 am, the British tried to infiltrate the German compound. They would have, if not for the fact that the Germans had received intelligence that this was going to happen. The battle ended in a draw, meaning that no one won or lost. This is due to the fact that the British had success with the tanks, but the Germans could counter attack successfully.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Here is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle talking about the plan for the battle, how it was expected that it would be an easy win for the British, given that the Germans had a weak line, plus the British had the tanks.
Casualties and Prisoners
- 44,000/ 179 tanks
British troops with their weapons used. The main weapon used in this battle was tanks, as shown.
The area that the Battle of Cambrai covered.
When Traveling to Cambrai
Where to stay?
- The best place to stay is the Hotel Beatues.
- It comes highly recommended, with one of their best features being the hospitality.
- The place ro eat is the L'Eau a la Bouche.
- Not only is the food amazing, but so is the atmosphere.
- Booking upfront comes recommended.
- The La Cathedrale Notre-Dame is a beautiful cathedral located in Cambrai.
- The recommended visit time is 1-2 hours.
- You can take a tour of the battleground where the Battle of Cambrai took place. (Be sure to book in advance)