2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
August 17, 2018 - Issue #1
Official School Day is 7:45-3:03. Tardy Bell rings at 7:45 am.
Successful First Week!
New Faces at LVES...
LVES Weekly is Going Green!
LVES Office Hours
Check back each week to see our weekly Golden Ticket count!
Front Drive Reminders
We have 4 designated handicap parking spots in the front parking lot. Please make sure that you have the legally required license plate or placard displayed before parking in one of those spots. We have staff and visitors that need to park in those spots. Thank you for help!
2018-2019 Lunch Times:
- PPCD - 10:45-11:15
- PK - 10:45-11:15
- Kindergarten - 11:00-11:30
- First Grade - 11:10-11:40
- Second Grade - 11:40-12:10
- Third Grade - 12:00-12:30
Starting after August 22nd, if you are going to have lunch with your child, please remember to sign in at the front office and get a visitors badge before heading to the cafeteria. We ask that visitors wait for classes in the cafeteria instead of outside of the classrooms. This allows teachers to get classes down to the cafeteria on time.
Thank you for your help in giving students time to learn routines and expectations.
First Day Packets
The Student Registration Packet includes the following documents:
- Parent/Guardian Consent and Acknowledgment - This gives your child permission to attend field trips, and have their picture used in school district publications (yearbook, website, Facebook, etc).
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Parent/Guardian Authorized Individuals - This document is very important for us to have updated and returned. This lets us know who can/cannot pick up your child.
- Student Directory Information
- Student Health and Medical
The National School Breakfast and Lunch Program application only needs to be filled out for each household, not each child.
It is very important for the front office to have updated addresses, phone numbers and parent/guardian authorization on file to ensure the safety of all students. If you have any questions, please contact the front office.
Parent Information Night- August 29th
Stop by the cafeteria at 5:45 for a hot dog and Meet-N-Greet with PTO board members!
We hope to see you on August 29th!
LVES Teachers Are Students Too!
Back To Work
Thanks for your support in yearbook as all proceeds support the staff and students of LVES!
Want to Volunteer?
You can download the background check form by clicking on the link below:
Completed forms can be dropped at the LVISD Administration building located at 8039 Bar-K Ranch Road. Please allow at least 2 weeks for background checks to process.
Hello LVES Families!
As your school counselor, one of my responsibilities is teaching guidance lessons that are centered around the Lago Vista ISD monthly character traits. Students will also be learning about communication skills, problem solving, respecting others, goal setting, and more. Each class will see me at least once a month for these lessons, and I am looking forward to seeing them soon!
In our counselor guidance classes this month, I will be explaining my role as their school counselor, and they will also learn about the character trait of Responsibility. I will be teaching what it means to be a responsible person--by doing what you are supposed to do, planning ahead, always doing your best, using self-control, being accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes, and setting a good example for others. We will discuss ways children can show responsibility at home, at school, with friends, and in their community.
Feel free to email or call me if you have any concerns about your child, or if your child needs help with something specific that I may be able to start a small group around.
¡Hola familias LVES!
Como su consejero escolar, una de mis responsabilidades es la enseñanza de lecciones de orientación que se centran en los rasgos de carácter mensual de Lago Vista ISD. Los estudiantes también aprenderán sobre habilidades de comunicación, resolución de problemas, respeto a los demás, establecimiento de metas y más. ¡Cada clase me verá al menos una vez al mes para estas lecciones, y estoy deseando verlas pronto!
En las clases de orientación de nuestro consejero de este mes, explicaré mi papel como consejero escolar y también aprenderán sobre el rasgo de carácter de la responsabilidad. Enseñaré lo que significa ser una persona responsable: haciendo lo que se supone que debes hacer, planificar con anticipación, siempre dar lo mejor de ti, usar el autocontrol, ser responsable de tus palabras, acciones y actitudes, y establecer un buen ejemplo para otros. Discutiremos las formas en que los niños pueden mostrar su responsabilidad en el hogar, en la escuela, con amigos y en su comunidad.
No dude en enviarme un correo electrónico o llamarme si tiene alguna inquietud acerca de su hijo, o si su hijo necesita ayuda con algo específico para que yo pueda comenzar un pequeño grupo.
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- August 29th: Parent Information Night, 6:30-7:00 pm (Session 1); 7:00-7:30 pm (Session 2)
- August 31st: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- September 3rd: Labor Day - Student/Staff Holiday
- September 5th: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Community Room
- September 6th: Grandparents Lunch for PPCD, Kinder and 2nd Grade
- September 7th: Grandparents Lunch for PK, 1st and 3rd Grade
- September 10th-14th: HOMECOMING SPIRIT WEEK
- September 14th: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit, 8:00 am
- September 14th: 3rd Grade attends LVHS Homecoming Pep Rally, 10:30 am-11:30 am
- September 28th: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- September 28th: 2nd Grade attends LVHS Pep Rally, 10:30 am-11:30 am