An Update from Barrington High School - October 23, 2020
MARK YOUR CALENDAR - S1 SAVE THE DATES
Monday, October 26th - "A" day for all students**
Tuesday October 27th - "B" day for all students**
Wednesday, Oct. 28 - Adaptive Pause of Hybrid begins** (see below)**
Monday, November 2nd - BHS Parent Teacher Conferences (see below)
Tuesday, November 3rd - Election Day - NO SCHOOL
Friday, November 6th - Regular school day for staff & students (calendar change)
Monday, November 9th - 13th - Yearbook Pictures (more information to follow)**
Monday, November 16th - PTO Meeting (zoom meeting) 9:15AM
Wednesday, November 25th - Friday November 27th - THANKSGIVING BREAK - No School
Monday, December 14th - PTO Meeting (zoom meeting) 9:15AM
Tuesday, December 22nd - Last day of semester 1
**Indicates new item
D220 will pause Hybrid mode for at least 10 calendar days beginning Oct. 28
See the complete announcement here.
Between now and Oct. 27
- Monday, Oct. 26: "A" day for all students
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: "B" day for all students
Starting Wednesday, Oct. 28 (Adaptive Pause of Hybrid begins)
- All students will temporarily return to Distance Learning mode.
- Special education students who were previously in-person will remain in person.
- Extracurriculars and IHSA approved sports will continue as they did during the 1st Quarter.
- Students will continue to have opportunities to come into school buildings for various reasons such as a science lab at the high school, as they did during the 1st Quarter.
- All Barrington 220 staff will continue to work from their school buildings.
- The adaptive pause will remain in effect until at least Monday, Nov. 9. Resuming Hybrid mode will be based on public health metrics.
BHS Parent Teacher Conferences
To strengthen the partnership between parents and teachers, we are having our annual Parent-Teacher Conference Night on Monday, November 2nd, from 4:00PM to 8:30PM virtually via Zoom. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to meet and briefly talk with your child's teachers, receive current information about his/her academic progress, and discuss any relevant issues pertaining to your child's education. In order to accommodate as many parents as possible, these individual conferences will be limited to five minutes. We believe that this is an adequate amount of time for you to receive specific information about your child's progress. This time frame will also allow you to see several teachers in one evening.
Parent-teacher conferences can only be scheduled by parents on-line. Registering for your conferences on-line provides maximum flexibility in tailoring a schedule to meet your needs and will give you instant feedback and confirmation of your appointments. Parents will schedule appointments through the web site: Meet The Teacher. For more step-by-step information regarding the registration process please see attached.
The website link is now open to start registering conferences and will remain open until 11:59PM on Wednesday, October 28th.
SEL / Mental Health Resources
NATIONAL PRESCRIPTION DRUG TAKE BACK DAY - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24TH
Board of Education seeks community input for superintendent search
The Board of Education has announced two upcoming opportunities for community members to provide input on the district's superintendent search. The Board is working with search firm School Exec Connect to select the district's next leader. Dr. Brian Harris will be retiring at the end of June after serving more than 30 years in public education.
- Online Questionnaire: First, the Board is asking community members to fill out an online questionnaire. It should only take about five minutes to complete and it will be available until Oct. 30, 2020. Click here to complete the online questionnaire
- Virtual Community Forum: In addition to the questionnaire, if you would like to provide input on the district’s strengths, the district’s challenges, and the characteristics the next superintendent should possess, the Board of Education and School Exec Connect consultants invite you to attend a virtual forum on Thursday, Nov. 5 at 7pm. Please click here to register for the forum.