Tison Roo News 2019-20
Final Campus Newsletter for the School Year
OPTIMIST CLUB "STUDENTS OF THE MONTH" FOR MAY
OPTIMIST CLUB "STUDENTS OF THE YEAR"
SPRING 2020 OPTIONAL END-OF-YEAR (EOY) ASSESSMENTS
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) is offering all students the opportunity to participate in the optional at-home administration of the Spring 2020 Optional EOY Assessments. The purpose of these assessments is to help parents better understand where students are performing academically at the end of the current school year.
TEA is not requiring the EOY assessments, and Weatherford ISD is leaving the testing decision to parents. If parents want their children to test, they must register them for the assessment. Test results will be available to the parent/student immediately after the student has completed the online assessment. These test results will not be shared with the district unless the parent chooses to do so.
The tests are available for all grade levels and subjects tested by STAAR/EOC:
3rd Grade Reading, Mathematics
4th Grade Reading, Mathematics, Writing
5th Grade Reading, Mathematics, Science
6th Grade Reading, Mathematics
7th Grade Reading, Mathematics, Writing
8th Grade Reading, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies
High School Algebra 1
High School Biology
High School English 1
High School English 2
High School U.S. History
The EOY Assessment will be available from May 11, 2020 until June 12, 2020.
Registration for the assessment must be completed by May 29, 2020. The registration link and other resources may be found under the Parent Toolkit at the link below.
If you need assistance with the website, please email Jeanette McNeely at email@example.com
EVALUACIONES DE FIN DE ANO (EOY) OPCIONALES DE PRIMAVERA DE 2020
La Agencia de Educación de Texas (TEA, por sus iniciales) está ofreciendo a todos los estudiantes la oportunidad de participar en la administración opcional en el hogar de las Evaluaciones EOY (fin de año) Opcionales de Primavera 2020. El propósito de estas evaluaciones es ayudar a los padres a entender mejor dónde los estudiantes están actuando académicamente al final del año escolar actual.
TEA no está requiriendo las evaluaciones de EOY, y Weatherford ISD está dejando la decisión de prueba a los padres. Si los padres quieren que sus hijos se hagan la prueba, deben registrarlos para la evaluación. Los resultados de las pruebas estarán disponibles para el padre/estudiante inmediatamente después de que el estudiante haya completado la evaluación en línea. Estos resultados de la prueba no se compartirán con el distrito a menos que los padres decida hacerlo.
Las pruebas están disponibles para todos los niveles de grado y sujetos probados por STAAR/EOC (examen de fin de curso):
3er Grado Lectura, Matemáticas
4o Grado Lectura, Matemáticas, Escritura
5o Grado Lectura, Matemáticas, Ciencias
6o Grado Lectura, Matemáticas
7o Grado Lectura, Matemáticas, Escritura
8o Grado Lectura, Matemáticas, Ciencias, Estudios Sociales
Álgebra de la escuela secundaria 1
Biología de la escuela Secundaria
Inglés de la escuela secundaria 1
Inglés de la escuela secundaria 2
Historia de los EE. UU. de la escuela secundaria
La evaluación de EOY estará disponible desde el 11 de mayo de 2020 hasta el 12 de junio de 2020.
El registro para la evaluación debe completarse antes del 29 de mayo de 2020. El enlace de registro y otros recursos se pueden encontrar en el Kit de herramientas para padres en:
Si necesita ayuda con el sitio web, envíe un correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org
WISD HONORS ENGLISH SUMMER READING PROGRAM
The Ninth Grade Center English Department would like to inform you about our Honors English Summer Reading Program. Our goal is to provide students with an opportunity to read fiction, specifically classic literature, in a way that prepares them for the expectations of this course and the academic rigors they will encounter in future AP English courses.
Please view the PDF below to read more about the Honors English Summer Reading Program.
Honors English I
I am not sure when we will distribute yearbooks because the Balfour plant is in Dallas and has been closed since the beginning of this shut down. When the plant opens up we will have a better idea of when we will get our yearbooks and then we can make a plan to get them to the students. Once I know the plan, I will get it posted and let people know.
Thanks for your understanding,
Tison Yearbook Teacher
If you'd still like to order a yearbook, please go to this link:
2020-2021 TMS ROO GEAR FOR BOY ATHLETES
For Tison Male Athletes:
- At least 1 blue workout shirt and 1 pair of black workout shorts that are on the top row of the order sheet.
- We are also asking that they get their LAST NAME put on them as well to help with lost clothes during the season.
- The other items in the online store are optional if they want anything extra.
- Athletes will also need sweats, but we have some if you are unable to order those as well. They come in handy during the cold months and is helpful if the athletes have their own.
- You can order as many of anything that you would like from this form. (Some students like to get more than 1 on the workout clothes to have an extra pair)
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Tison Boys Athletic Coordinator
Online Store for Roo Athletic Gear:
- You will be able to go online and order athletic gear from now until May 29th.
- After May 29th the store will close and they will start fulfilling orders received. You can expect shipment of clothes around 3 weeks after the store closes not from the date you order them. They will be shipped directly to your home address NOT to the school.
- The online store will reopen for a week when we come back to school as well if you are unable to purchase at this time.
- If you are unable to purchase the shirt and shorts just let a coach know and we will get them taken care of. I know times are crazy and if there are any issues please don’t hesitate to let me know.
- Above are pictures of what they need to order. Please make sure LAST NAMES ONLY on the personalized equipment.
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL SUPPORTS
Below you will find a list of activities that your child can complete both independently and with your support.
Social-Emotional Learning -- At Home Support Links
PROCESS FOR DUAL CREDIT
If this is your first time to take dual credit courses, you must:
- Read, initial, and sign the attached dual credit contract (if you have not already done so) and email it to Mrs. Brown or Ms. Kelly.
- Go to www.applytexas.org (see instructions for "Apply Texas" in a link below), and submit an application to Weatherford College.
- Once you have been accepted, you will need to take the reading portion of theTSI (Texas Success Initiative) – this is the college placement exam that tests for college readiness. You must pass the TSI before you can enroll in dual credit classes. (You may take the TSI before you apply to Weatherford College).
- Weatherford College will open the registration window for Fall classes (late April). Students must login to Weatherford College MyWC portal and register for classes.
- You will need to register for Learning Framework for fall 2020. You will need to register for Music Appreciation for Spring 2021 later in the fall semester. Check with the Weatherford College for registration dates for Spring 2021.
- Print out your registration confirmation from Weatherford College, and email it to Mrs. Brown or Ms. Kelly to add the Dual Credit courses to your WHS schedule.
- Discuss with your parents which elective you would like to drop to add the dual credit courses.
All of these steps must be completed in order to be enrolled in dual credit courses for next year.
REGISTERING FOR WEATHERFORD COLLEGE
Registration for Fall 2020 has been moved to the following date:
April 27, 2020, for current students (includes all dual credit students)
We realize, of course, that students’ and schools’ plans have been interrupted, altered, and/or delayed. We will work with you to admit and register dual credit students throughout the summer.
Sarah J. Lock, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Dual Credit & eLearning
TSI TESTING @ WEATHERFORD COLLEGE
Our Testing Center has moved to online TSI scheduling. Students no longer need to call and leave a voicemail. They can visit the Weatherford Campus’s Testing Center page at https://www.wc.edu/admissions/testing-centers/testing-center-weatherford-campus and click on the “Schedule an Exam” box at the bottom of the page. The exams will use remote proctoring, and there are night and weekend times available.
Contact Gwen Crabtree with any testing questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sarah J. Lock, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Dual Credit & eLearning