Chisholm Summer Adventures
Week 2: Cooking
PK-2 DREME - Development & Research in Early Math Education
Cooking together offers many learning opportunities for talking about math. This site has tips for families and recipes to try.
PK - 5 Cooking in the Kitchen!
Hands on cooking activities help children develop confidence and skills. Following recipes encourages children to be self-directed and independent. It also teaches them to follow directions and develop problem-solving skills. Here's some recipes you can follow!
If site is blocked, look for "8 Fun and Creative Recipes to Make With Your Kids" on youtube.
Grades 3-5 Food Truck Fun!
Food trucks are the latest! Design your own food truck and share it with your family.
Shout out to Channing for answering 277 IXL questions this week!
PK-5 IXL Challenge of the Week
Grades K-1 go into your math learning. Find Measurement. Work through 1 IXL lesson each day this week.
PK go into your math learning. Find Size. Work through 1 IXL lesson each day this week.
In the month of June, Chisholm Chargers have answered 6,591 IXL questions!
PK-2 Digital Citizenship - Saying Goodbye to Technology
Ask the following questions:
1. Do you ever have a hard time pausing when you're in the middle of watching a show or playing a game? If so, why do you think it's hard to pause?
2. Why do you think it's important to stop what you're doing and pause for people, even if you don't want to?
Grades 3-5 Digital Citizenship - The Power of Words Online
Discuss the power of words especially when chatting online and answer these questions with an adult at home:
1. Why do you think the other player made those comments to Guts?
2. What did Guts do in response to the mean words?
3. How is getting called names online similar to getting called names in person?
4. What are the rules of S.T.O.P.? What can you do if someone is mean to you online?
Free Summer Meals
Chisholm News and Notes
Send photos of you and/or your siblings working on your Chisholm Summer Adventures to email@example.com. You may see yourself published in next week's learning adventure newsletter.