Michigan Cyber Safety Initiative
Presentation Follow-Up - 9/20/19
Purpose of this Communication
What is ReThink?
ReThink™ is an award-winning, non-intrusive, innovative, patented technology, that detects and stops cyberbullying before the damage is done! Here is a quick overview of how ReThink works:
- Teen tries to post offensive message
- ReThink technology detects offensive message
- Second chance to ReThink with an alert
- Teen declines to post offensive message
- Online hate is stopped. Lives are saved!
Talk to your child about information on profiles and together review all of his or her profiles. Encourage your child to share his or her online experiences. This provides you with questions to consider discussing.
This link will direct you to warning signs that may indicate your child is being cyberbullied or the one doing the cyberbullying.
Our 6th graders were introduced to OK2Say, a way to report bullying 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This poster will give you this information to have on hand.