St Crux Events 2013
Put them in your diary now!
St Crux Fundraising Event
Friday, Feb. 8th 2013 at 10am-4pm
This event will also give us an opportunity to promote Me and My Girl.
St Crux Fundraising Events
EVERY MEMBER can help before the event:
- Collecting books, videos, bric-a-brac from friends, family and neighbours for selling on the day. (You can start this activity now as you do a pre-Christmas clear-out! - First collection date is Monday January 14th)
- Baking cakes, scones for sale in the cafe - typically we need 30 cakes, 100 scones (some cheese and sultana). Most of us know a good baker if we aren't bakers ourselves!
- Donating food and ingredients - typically we need 36 teacakes, 10 loaves of bread for sandwiches, 8lb of ham, 3 large tins of tuna, 4lb of grated cheese, 20 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 24 pints of milk, 180 Yorkshire teabags, 300grms of Nescafe, 2kg sugar, 4ltr Orange juice, 2ltr Apple juice, 2 bottles of orange squash, 2kg Flora, 2x 500g spreadable butter, 30 eggs, 1 iceberg lettuce. We will co-ordinate this nearer the time.
- We also need non-foods - 200 serviettes, 3 pairs rubber gloves (2med, 1lge), 1 washing-up liquid, 2 packs of J cloths, 2 Kitchen Rolls, 30 black bags, cling film and plastic sandwich bags.
- Helping with food preparation on the eve of the event.
On the day we need helpers to:
- Provide their car to collect, from our collection centre, and deliver our books, videos, bric-a-brac and foodstuff to St Crux at 9.00am.
- Set up the stalls and tables for the cafe (9.00am - 10.00am).
- Sell books, videos, bric-a-brac.
- Prepare sandwiches, butter scones, tea-cakes, cut cake portions, serve hot and cold drinks, clear tables, wash dishes.
- Clear up at the end of the day (3.45pm - 4.45pm).
- Cars and drivers to collect remaining stock, waste for disposal at 4.30pm.
Helpers on the day don't need to be available for the full day - we work a rota so even if you can only spare an hour or two your help will be welcome.