Rapid Progress for Boys' Writing*
This course will give teachers:
- A clear and structured approach to teaching all genres of writing using popular games as a stimulus.
- A whole-school approach to teaching cross-curricular writing which was developed for The National Literacy Trust conferences "How to be outstanding in the new National Curriculum"
- A bank of activities which raise standards, secure rapid progress and make a sustained impact on all young writers, even those who are most reluctant.
- A transferable cross-curricular approach demonstrating a clear, accessible progression covering: Talk for writing/ oral rehearsal, planning, drafting, feedback/collaboration and digital publishing.
- Activities which support all pupils, with significant impact on reluctant writers, pupils with SEN and those supported by Pupil Premium.
The course features the extensive use of iPad Minis, which will be provided on the day (no experience necessary. All activities/methods can be carried out on Android tablets.).
Chris Williams has been a primary school teacher for almost 20 years. He specialises in Special Education, Curriculum Development and "closing the gap" for all pupils in spoken communication and writing. Alongside colleague, David Andrews, Chris shares his work on the blog www.mrandrewsonline.blogspot.co.uk (which has been recognised as one of the top 3 blogs in the UK by the National UK Blog Awards.) Chris continues to develop innovative approaches to using digital games across the curriculum which have been used in classrooms across the world. He has presented his work for The National Literacy Trust, The Westminster Education Forum, The National Association of Headteachers and in the USA for EdTechTeacher.