Palencia Elementary Media Center 2018
Palencia's Read 6 E-books for Summer Success
Did you know that your child could avoid summer reading loss by reading just 6 books this summer? With this inspiration, the PES Pirate Cove is sponsoring a summer reading program for our pirates that utilizes our library’s collection of E-books on MackinVia. The school library is always open online and the summer time is no exception. We have created summer reading lists from MackinVia for each grade level. Your child can participate in this program by doing the following:
1. Log-in to the MackinVia website with any Internet connected device using your student number and I-ready password. (Username – s12345 Password – tiger123 or use the Guest login by leaving the school line blank, Username – palencia, Password – pirates)
2. Read at least 6 books from the grade level list posted on the MackinVia home page or the image list below. Use the list for the grade your child is entering in August 2018.
3. Circle the books that your child reads on the summer reading form and complete the name and new teacher information.
4. Turn in your Summer Success form when school starts by August 24 and receive a Smencil and new book. All students who complete the 6 E-book challenge will be entered into a drawing for 3 $25 gift certificates to Barnes and Nobel.
Below are each upcoming grade level lists. They are also listed on the MackinVia home page. Each list image below is linked to the groups in MackinVia. Do download the Summer Reading Form visit the Summer Reading Page or click on the downloadable forms below each grade level list.
App of the Month Capstone Interactive E-books - Kids Love Them!
What is the Summer Slide?
Acclerated Reader for the Summer 2018
For more information about Accelerated Reader at Palencia please visit our AR Web-page.
The St. Johns County Public Library
- Bookmobile - visits Palencia Elementary every other Wednesday afternoon. Use the link to find the current schedule.
- It's Time to ROCK the Library for Summer Reading
Important learning can happen anywhere, especially at your local library, and especially this summer! We have a wide array of programming and resources to keep your brain active and body fit. Beginning May 21, stop by your local branch to pick up a free reading log and track your progress to earn cool prizes and awards.
Have fun and improve your reading skills by ROCKING your branch’s summer reading program. Connect, Learn, Enjoy @ Your Library and ROCK with us this summer!
- E-books - SJCPL uses Overdrive as their e-book platform. There are thousands of e-books available for elementary and middle school aged students with your library card.
Read for Libraries
If you’re looking for a summer reading program for your students that is both fun and rewarding, you can encourage your students to get involved in our summer reading program. Just download this flyer and send it home with your students.
Read For Libraries is a program that encourages reading, building literacy skills, and promoting a sense of civic pride by fundraising for EveryLibrary. EveryLibrary is a national non-profit that fights for library funding so that children have access to reading material and learning opportunities all year long. Of course, your students are eligible to win great prizes for their individual fundraisers!
But that's not all. Throughout the summer we'll be using the money we raise to educate parents about fighting against the dreaded summer slide so that your students come back to school next year with a head start on literacy.