First Grade News
Distance Learning Edition for the week of 4/6
Welcome to Phase II of our Distance Learning Plan
- New learning for students (no longer review)
- Activities provided to practice new skills (with student choice)
- Selected activities to be turned in on Seesaw (to help teachers monitor student progress) (see Getting Started with Seesaw below)
What is the same in Phase II:
- students should spend 4-6 hours per week for learning and practice, including physical activity and balanced screen time.
New RPE Digital Learning Website
In order to streamline communications for families, RPE has created a new campus-wide website where you can find learning plans and newsletters for each grade level and special.
The 1st grade digital learning plan for the week of April 13th will be posted to the First Grade page of the RPE Digital Learning website Friday, April 10th at 5 pm.
Optional Zoom Classroom Meet-up Schedule
Tuesday @ 9:30 am (link to follow) - Morning Meeting
Thursday @ 11:30 (link to follow) - Lunch with the Teacher
Your teacher will call to check in on any student who is unable to attend one of our optional Zoom Classroom Meet-ups during office hours (1:50 - 3:30).
Getting Started with Seesaw
If not, please check the email from your child's teacher with log-on information. Please reach out to your teacher if you need the log-in info resent.
Students will use Seesaw to turn in activities to allow their teacher to provide feedback and keep track of student progress.
Need-based Laptop Distribution Tuesday 4/7
On Tuesday, April 7, Leander ISD will begin loaning Chromebook laptops to elementary students (grades PreK–5) who have limited or no access to a device at their homes. LISD has installed content filtering on the devices in order to keep students safe while online and to comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). These devices are on loan from Leander ISD to provide learning opportunities for all students and are expected to be returned in the future.
Because we do not have enough devices to distribute to every elementary student in LISD, we are respectfully requesting that families utilize resources at home if at all possible. This will allow us to better serve our families who do not currently have devices for their students.
If a smartphone is the only available device for your student, we recommend utilizing a device offered by the district.
River Place device pick-up: Tuesday, April 7th 1:30 - 4:30
To create the safest environment possible for our families and our employees, please pay close attention to our device pick-up procedures:
- one or two lanes will be open at the front entrance of each campus for parents to drive through to pick up needed laptops.
- When you drive up, please have the following on a piece of paper on your dashboard as shown in the example below. Please help us by making sure this information is easily visible to our district employees.
Please see Logging into LaunchPad for information on how to log in and how to download Istation and Dreambox, if you have not already.
Your child can use the QR code on their QuickCard to log-in to LaunchPad without having to type their username/password. If you need a QuickCard for your child, please let their teacher know (printer required).
Class codes for accessing Epic!:
Torres: See email sent by Epic! from Ms. Torres. If you did not receive the email from Epic!, please email Ms. Torres.