April 11th, 2016
Monday April 4th Blue 1- All Staff Meeting 3:45 library, Volunteer Appreciation Month, Open Enrollment window opens
Tuesday April 5th Purple 2- Progress Monitoring Window opens, Austin Parent Meeting 6:00 p.m Cafeteria, Monthly Principal Meeting (Hager) all day, Richland Hills Community meeting (Hager 4:00 RMS)
Wednesday April 6th Red Day 3- Windsuit Wednesday, FAB meets 3:45 (any concerns please submit your forms prior to Wednesday), 504's, ARDS
Thursday April 7th Orange 4-Good News Club, 5th grade Outstanding Citizen Banquet
Friday April 8th Yellow 5-Educational Assistant Appreciation Day, Number Dayt
Reminder: Please electronically Sign Walkthroughs and Summatives on Eduphoria.
Way to go Mrs. Smith for being so incredibly organized and making this round of STAAR testing go super smooth.
Please use the link to nominate someone who has gone above and beyond.
STAAR TESTING TOMORROW
We have one student making up a STAAR test tomorrow in Grubb's room. Please remember to stay quiet in the hallway near her room. Also, please don't use the 5th grade restrooms for whole group restroom breaks until testing is complete. Thank for your help with this.
And yes, I have been a fan since they moved here from Washington.
If you see Ms. Smith on campus tomorrow, that probably means that her STAAR check-in went flawlessly. Otherwise she would have disappeared into the Assistant Principal-Testing Coordinator black hole, never to be seen again...!
Great job to everyone involved!
"Getting to Know You: Mystery Person of the Week
* Born: South
* Raised: South
*College: TCC, UTA and TWU. You figure out which one!
* Favorite Hobbies: Participating in individual Sports
*What you like most as a teacher: the ability to influence others
* Favorite Vacation Trips: Mediterranean Cruise
*Bucket List Vacation: The Greek Islands
* Favorite Food: sushi, chocolate, and exotic cheeses
* Favorite movies include Pitch Perfect, Breakfast at Tiffany's & Like Water for Chocolate
*Something others may not know: Waited tables and bar-tended to pay for college
* What you Like most about your Team: The sense of humor; after all, laughter is the best medicine
* Person to have Dinner with: Ellen Degeneres---such a sense of humor and very direct without offending others
* Memorable comment from a child:
"When is your baby due?" (Here I will assume this person was NOT pregnant at the time....)
* Favorite Music: '80's; (Here I will assume the 1980s...) Bon Jovi
* An exciting moment: White-water rafting
* And of course... an embarrassing moment: Leaving the bathroom, with dress tucked into my underwear... and then walked into a meeting1
Email me your guess by noon tomorrow. The winning guesses will go in the drawing for a jeans pass!!
Get to Know your Colleagues!
Save the Date: Bea Luchin Academy Day 1 and Day 2 will be August 1st-2nd at the FAAC. 3rd day will be in September TBA.
Have You Seen This!!!
StoryKit is a multimedia storytelling mobile app. It allows users to create electronic storybooks and share them with others. StoryKit is a practical tool for teachers. They can use it to create their own storytelling books and share them with their students. It is all free and anyone can use it easily. StoryKit is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone touch, and iPad.
http://bie.org/project_search/results/search&channel=project_search&category=315&&316&ps_first=315&ps_second=316/P30also Tier 1 Project Base Learning Ideas
http://www.texaspsp.org/ Project Base Learning Ideas
- Reading Fluency Passage Generator
Want to see our page?
Want to see our page?
Text to : 81010
Text this Message: @binion