Baltz Sunday Storytime
and Weekly Announcements May 8th, 2022
Things You Should Know This Week
Hello Baltz Families!
Happy Mother's Day to all of our Baltz mothers and those who mother our students! Hope that you all enjoyed some special family time this weekend.
Thank you so much to everyone who made our staff feel appreciated last week! It was very special.
State Testing Schedule for students in grades 3, 4, and 5.
- Week of May 2nd- Reading/Language Arts - some students are still completing makeups.
- Week of May 9th - Math testing will begin on Tuesday
- May 13th - Social Studies/Science grades 4 and 5 only
Some things for parents to know about testing!
- Get a good night's sleep the night before testing.
- Bring your charged chromebook AND your charger each day!
- Eat a healthy breakfast at home or when you get to school
- There will be tickets given each day for students to reinforce their efforts to be safe, on-task, and kind throughout the testing blocks. Students will enter their tickets into raffles for a variety of gift baskets at the end of testing.
Baltz Elementary has a clear policy regarding cell phones and other electronic devices during the school day. This is especially important to follow during state testing.
- During testing students will not be permitted to carry any type of electronic device, except their chromebook, on them during the day. Cell phones, electronic watches, bluetooth headphones, calculators, and music devices should either be left at home, turned off and secured in a backpack, or turned off and secured with the student’s teacher.
- Any student found in possession of an unapproved electronic device will have the item taken, even if it is turned off. These items will only be returned to a parent/guardian during office hours.
The School Climate HOME Survey is open now through May 27th for Parents to provide feedback about our school. Your feedback is very important to us. It helps to impact our programming and areas for focusing on improvements.
The survey will only take about 15 minutes to complete and can be accessed by desktop, laptop, or mobile device. If you have more than one child in this school, please complete the survey with one child’s experiences in mind.
The Delaware School Climate Survey was developed by the Delaware Positive Behavior Support Initiative (a partnership between the Delaware Department of Education and the Center for Disabilities Studies at the University of Delaware). There is no identifying information on the survey, so no one will know how you individually answered any of the questions. Information from completed surveys will be used by the University of Delaware to make a report for our school.
When completing the survey, please do the following:
- Answer every question
- Mark an answer that best describes what you believe about the situation described
- Complete the survey by May 27, 2022
- Complete only 1 survey per child
Students in grades 3-5 will take the Student Survey later this month in school.
- School Doors open at 8:45. There is no supervision outside before 8:45. Walkers should not arrive at school before 8:45. No Students should be dropped off by cars in the front circle. Car Drop off happens in the Car Line which rolls at 8:45 sharp, daily.
- Students will go outside to play during recess, as weather permits. Please send your child with weather appropriate clothing for outdoor play.
Safe Footwear- Please make sure that your child wears safe shoes to school. Shoes should be sturdy and cover your child's whole foot. No flip flops, open toed sandals, slides, clogs are allowed. More details of the dress code are listed below. Scroll way down.
Mark your Calendars:
- May 27th-Deadline for the School Climate Survey
- May 30th - Memorial Day - No School
- June 3rd - Field Day
- June 7th - Kinder End of the Year Celebration- 1 pm
- June 9 - 5th Grade Move Up Ceremony- 10 am
- June 10th Last Day for Students
Unified Arts Special Schedule for this week:
(PE, Art, Music, Library, and the Learning Lab)
Do you know which day your child has PE? Please have them wear sneakers to school on PE day.
Monday 5/2 = Day 1
Tuesday 5/3= Day 2
Wednesday 5/4 = Day 3
Thursday 5/5= Day 4
Friday 5/6 = Day 5
Scroll down to learn more about:
- Sunday Storytime
- State Testing Schedule
- School Climate Survey
- Baltz Bears PTA- Get the Box Tops App to earn money for our school
- Daily Covid-19 Screener info for Staff and Students
- Baltz Title 1 School Information
- Resources for Parents: Dress Code Details, Links for the General Parent Handbook and the MTSS (Positive Behavior ) Parent handbooks and other parent resources
Mask Wearing is now optional in school. Click here to view district communications regarding updated policies.
- Click here to view a copy of the message to families in English and Spanish.
- Updated Process Maps COVID-19 Process Maps for Red Clay Students/Staff redclayschools.com/covid19.
Covid 19- Health Screener
Every day before sending your child to school you must do the Covid-19 Screener! If your child does not pass the screener, they must stay at home until cleared by a physician or until receiving a negative Covid Test.
Translation Tools / HERRAMIENTAS DE TRADUCCIÓN
Para ver este boletín semanal en español u otro idioma, use estas herramientas:
- Ms. Josselin Cariño reads When the Storm Comes
- The Mindful Minute with Ms. Uhrick- Controlling your FIZZ
State Testing (Smarter Balanced) Begins Tuesday May 3rd
School Climate Home Survey is open until May 27th. Please give us your feedback! English and Spanish LInks are below.
Daily Covid-19 Screener
Baltz Title 1 Parent Involvement Policy, Baltz Title 1 Parent, Teacher & School Compact, Title 1 Brochure for Parents, Red Clay Parent Engagement Policy & Red Clay Federal Programs Complaint Procedures
Resources for Parents
Dress Code Details
Click here to review policies for Baltz Elementary.
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz in Spanish!