Paw Talk: Keys to Excellence
Week of April 4th-April 8th
I got to spend a few great days visiting some local attractions. On our Haiku Weekly Discussion link, I've shared a few pictures of the memories I created with my family during Spring Break. I hope you will join the discussion this week by sharing some great things you got to do this Spring break and maybe even uploading a few pictures of your own!
Unfortunately, this Spring Break forced me to get more R&R than I was planning for! I have come down with a very bad flu and will not be in to work for sure on Monday and Tuesday. I'll have to see how I do after that. I'm sorry to have to miss your first day back. I wish everyone a Marvelous Monday. I am going to get lots of rest so that I can come back very soon! I look forward to seeing all your Haiku posts and seeing you all soon!
Great "Happenings" at Alice Birney the Week Before Spring Break
Ms. Cervera in action during her class presentations!
Mrs. Vasquez's class collaborating on their learning from the book, Toys!
Mrs. Sexton's 1st graders showing their Chromebook skills!
Week at a Glance
- Welcome Back!
- Jessica out sick
- 7:40-1:55 6th grade CC Collaboration day @ Rm. 3
- 8:00-3:15 2nd grade teachers out for CC Training @ SDC
- 8:15 IEP: J. Yaryan-Cornejo & Slocum
- Jessica out sick
- 8:00-10:00-ESL Class @ Rm. 18
- Minimum Day
- PBIS Friends Lunch
- 8:30 TOA & Admin meeting
- 10:00 District meeting-Jessica out
- 11:30 NEHS Tapping-Cornejo
- 12:30-1:30 Paw Squad meeting
- 12:40-1:25 Teacher Prep Time
- 1:30-3:30 "Understanding Childhood Trauma" Inservice @ Grant Elementary
- Ginna out-helping @ Roger's Elementary
- 8:00-10:00: ESL Class @ Rm. 18
- 10:00-11:15: PBIS Prize Closet @ Rm. 18 (10:00-Kinder, 10:20-1st & 2nd, 10:40-3rd & 4th, 11:00-5th & 6th)
- 8:00 Noon Aide meeting @ Rm. 3
- 8:00-8:45 Mr. Eco Hero Assembly: Kinder-2nd grade @ Cafeteria
- 9:00-9:45 Mr. Eco Hero Assembly: 3rd & 4th grades @ Cafeteria
- 10:00 Lockdown drill
- 8:00-12:15 Saturday School
Announcements & Looking Ahead
- Ms. Norberg has returned! Yay!
- All intervention groups resume as normal (in-class & pull out support with TOAs)
- Insight 360 Demo & Modeling-various teachers, Wed., 4/13
- 5th grade CST Science Test scheduled for 4/13-4/15
- Jessica out at LEAD conference Thursday 4/14 and Friday 4/15
- 4th grade field trip to Ramona Bowl on Friday, 4/15
- "College Making It Happen" 6th grade field on Saturday, 4/16