8.31.15 - 9.4.15
2. If you need an external DVD drive, they are now in your building's library. If you check it out, be a good device user and return it as soon as your done. There's a little trick for using the drive, so check out the video below in the Zoom In On... section.
3. I have emailed about the keyboard cases, and my customer service rep, Flora, is working on getting us replacements and / or refunds. I'll keep you updated on their progress.
4. Tim sent out an email about the new website. Be sure to follow his instructions on how to post your content to the website. Based on teacher and parent feedback, we decided not to renew our Dewsly contract this year, so we'll be posting Dewsly type content on the website that Tim has so awesomely built for us. The more we post, especially about our use of technology, the more our community will see the value in it.
As always let me know how I can support you in our technology adventures!
Let's Try to Fix AirServer!
Click here --> AirServer Instructions to access the print instructions. Or watch the video below.
Zoom In On...
External CD/DVD Drive
Tech Try of the Week!
Last week, I spotlighted Julie Exendine using Plickers with her Spanish 1 students. Alicia Hancock also tried Plickers last week with success! Both said it takes less than 30 seconds to scan a question and that the app consistently worked. Set up your classes, create your questions, and print out your cards at www.plickers.com!
Apps of the Week!
To use Messages or FaceTime:
1. Ask for the Apple IDs of the people you contact via email or phone.
2. Input those Apple IDs in your Contacts app by pressing the +.
3. In FaceTime or Messages, start typing the name or Apple ID of the person you want to contact.
4. Press send or press the video icon to start chatting / videoing!