Local News Update
Tornado strikes again
Tornado strikes Kansas, Oklahoma.
A tornado hit Kansas, Oklahoma on May 19, 2013 at 8:59. The EF5 tornado brought severe flooding dumping around 8 inches of rain on Oklahoma. The tornado roughly damaged 300 homes and buildings. Many trees medal traffic lights and power lines got damaged.
How to stay safe during a tornado.
Staying safe during a tornado.
Keeping safe during a tornado is very important..... here are some tips.
- Keep away from windows.
- Go to the center of the room.
- Get under a piece of steady furniture.
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck.
- If outside go into a ditch and lie low
- If in a car never try to out run the tornado.
The dangers of Tornados
There are many dangers of tornadoes. Here are some of the many dangers of a tornadoes.
- When hit by a tornado, houses will be demolished.
- Cars can be lifted and thrown.
- Small items can be carried miles away.
- People can be hit by flying objects.