Reynolds Family Weekly Newsletter
May 8, 2022
Happy Mother’s Day!!!
On behalf of all of Reynolds Elementary, Happy Mothers Day!!! Thank you to all the mother/mother figures. Your love and support do not go unnoticed.
5th-grade parents. For students attending Cesar Chavez Middle School next year. Chavez will host a parent night on Thursday, May 12th, at 6 pm in the MPR room.
Just a reminder that May is Mental Health Awareness month. Let’s not forget to prioritize our mental health and take time for self-care. Also, talk to your scholars about the importance of sharing their feelings and thoughts about the world around them. Here are some conversation starters that can help you open communication about feelings and emotions:
- What is your highlight of the day?
- If you could do anything in the world for free, what would you do?
- What is something that makes you feel happy?
- Would you like to go for a walk with me?
Oscar Torrico, M.A, P.P.S
Reynolds Elementary School
Smarter Balance Summative Assessments (SBAC) in ELA and Math
We ask for your support by making sure the days your child is testing that they
- Get plenty of rest the night before
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- NOT be late to school
3rd grade May 3rd-5th and May 10th-12th
5th grade May 10th-12th and May 17th-19th and May 24th-25th
SAVE THE DATE In-Person Open House May 18th
Classroom doors will open at 6:15 pm for parents and students to tour the rooms.
Thank you, parents and students for expressing your gratitude to our amazing teachers and staff this past week! The PTO would like to especially thank some local businesses for their kind and generous donations towards our teacher and staff appreciation week efforts:
Tim and Danielle Falvey, Upper Crust Pizza in Oceanside
Lane Kliewer, Nothing Bundt Cakes in San Marcos
Lisa Beaudoin, Starbucks Coffee, North River Road, Oceanside
Natalie Nicola & Vontasisia West, Jersey Mike's Subs, North River Road, Oceanside
There are still lots of exciting activities and celebrations this school year! We are excited for the Reynolds Open House on May 18th from 5:30 - 7pm. Please come and visit our PTO table for spirit gear, snacks and raffle opportunities. At this time, cash money is best for purchasing tickets for raffle and ordering spirit gear. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Pre-Kindergarten Program District Survey
As the California Department of Education moves toward Universal Pre-Kindergarten instruction for all children ages three through five, our district would like to better understand how to meet the needs of parents/guardians of their youngest children. Click on the survey to give your input.
Yearbook Orders--Only a few copies remaining.
There are only a few copies left. Please put your order in before they run out.For information on how to place your yearbook order - Click on this link Yearbook.
Elementary School Start Time Change for 2022-23---Reynolds will be a late start school
Our elementary school schedules change every five years as required by board policy. This change will take effect next school year (2022-23).
This will be the new LATE START schedule for Reynolds:
Grades 1-5: 8:55 AM-3:35 PM & MINIMUM DAY WED. 8:55 AM-1:05 PM
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten 8:55 AM-2:50 PM & MINIMUM DAY WED. 8:55 AM-1:05 PM
ASAP Program offering morning Program
Our school gates do not open until 7:45 a.m therefore we have no student supervision before this time.
Our ASAP program is offering a free AM program from 7:00 am to 7:45 am.
For more information regarding registration please contact 760-916-5472 or Reynolds@asaposide.com.
- Please monitor your student for COVID-19 symptoms daily prior to bringing/sending them to school.
- Please see the guidelines on what to do if your child is sick.
Please refer to our district webpage
- Information on symptoms of Covid
- Testing sites and times
We are looking for volunteers to help with dismissal. Volunteers would support our staff with helping students in/out of cars and with traffic flow.
If you are interested please let the office know.
TK and Kinder Dismissal
THANK YOU Parents for working with our staff to make dismissal safer for everyone.
For the safety of students, staff and parents
- Please DO NOT DOUBLE PARK AND GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE .
- Please be patient while teacher(s) walk your student(s) to your vehicle when you pull up.
First-Fifth Grade Dismissal
Frequently Asked Questions about devices
This document will be continuously updated with new questions/information.
Car Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival Reminders ALL Grades:
- Please drive up all the way up to drop off your student
- Please stay in your car as you drop off your student
- All parents stay in car lane to drop off your student and DO NOT cut off other cars in line or double park to get out and walk your child
Dismissal Reminders :
- Please drive up all the way up as staff will escort your student toward your car
- Please do not double park and ask your student to cross in between cars
- Please keep the line moving; your child will walk to your car
Back gate is open during arrival and dismissal.
Thank you for your continued patience during arrival and dismissal for the safety of our students.
- As per OUSD Wellness Policy, please refrain from sending non-nutritional value foods such as; candy, hot spicy chips, etc. from home.
- Our gates will open at 7:45 am and the bell rings at 8:15 am
- Only students will be allowed to enter the school gates.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Please send a reusable water bottle with your child.
- Wednesdays are minimum days. Students in TK/K- 5th grades are dismissed at 12:25 pm.