Community Based Yoga Classes in the Bad Axe Area
What's New this Week
February 13, 2016
Happy Valentine's Day!,
Just a reminder that we WILL have all yoga classes this Monday, February 15th.
We are also looking forward to adding Thursday evening classes next month. Stay tuned for details!
Read the latest blog article Starting from Stillness here!
Pose of The Week
Focus on: Relaxation
Benefits: Get the benefits of an inversion by reversing the effects of gravity on legs and feet, moving stuck fluids and improving digestion. This pose rejuvenates tired, sore legs and relaxes the lower back.
Modifications: Support the lower back with a bolster, pillow, or rolled up towel.
How to get into the pose:
- Begin sitting with left side against the wall.
- Gently turn body to the left and bring legs up onto the wall.
- Lower your back to the floor and scoot your seat as close to the wall as is comfortable for you.
- Let the heads of your thigh bones (where your thigh bone connects to your hip socket) release, dropping back toward your pelvis.
- Close your eyes and focus on long, deep breaths for 5-15 minutes.
- Slowly roll to your right side to release the pose, using your arms to support you as you sit back up.