Looking Good For the Interview
Why People Fail
Over 67% of interviewees fail to make eye contact.
47% or more know little or nothing about the company.
38% of potential employees do not smile during the interview.
33% have bad to awful posture.
33% have nervous fidgeting, which distracts the employer from what your potential is.
26% of potential employees have a weak handshake.
21% tend to play with their hair or face.
9% use too many hand gestures.
Crossed Arms/ Aggressive Stances
21% of employers noticed the way that potential employees came off to them was aggressive due to crossed arms.
Statistics Show That First Impressions are Determined By:
38%- The quality of your voice, grammar, and confidence.
7%- The words you choose to say.
Things That Have an Impact on First Impressions:
65% of employers claim that clothing can be a determining factor between two similar candidates.
Top 10 Most Common Interview Mistakes:
2. Conveying that you are not over your last job.
3. Lacking humor, warmth, or personality.
4. Not showing enough interest or enthusiasm.
5. Inadequate research about potential employer.
6. Concentrating too much on what you want.
7. Trying to be all things to all people.
8. "Winging" the interview.
9. Failing to set yourself apart from other candidates.
10. Failing to ask for the job.
4 Most Important Interview Tips:
2. Have a specific position in mind that you would like to fill.
3. Review your qualifications for the job.
4. Be ready to briefly describe related experience.