Our Class News
From Mrs. Shuman and Mrs. Jendron's Third Grade Class
This week will be awesome! It is a great time to be in third grade!!!!
We are working on:
- Multiplication and division in math- Keep practicing your math triangles!
- We are working our way through Unit 5 in math. It is all about place value and large numbers.
- Learning new games to challenge our brains. Play Number Top-It with your child!
- Working on our homes unit- be sure to follow the link and read all about it
- Using our grammar and spelling skills to develop our imaginative writing skills- we are also writing practice prompts for the ERB Writing Assessment in January and practiced a fun one about a remote control that transported your child to a new place!.
- Using graphic organizers to help us train our brains to be organized and thoughtful with the work we create. We practiced with a new one today that looked like a mountain!
- Practicing cursive handwriting and building our stamina when writing
- Spelling Sort #12- read the description of the rules for this week and have the kids sort at home
- Focus on Native American culture- we have tied it to the Homes unit
- Practicing our newly acquired problem solving skills in math (which apply to every aspect of our lives!)
- Reading awesome non-fiction articles for geography and natural resources in home development.
We hope your week is as great as ours! We love your kids- thank you for sharing them with us!!!!!!!
Mrs. Shuman and Mrs. Jendron