Countdown to In Person Learning
Notes from West Cypress Hills' Nurse, Dana Hensel, RN, NCSN
All students and staff are required to self screen for COVID-19 related symptoms prior to arrival at school. Parents are asked to take their child's temperature daily.
- *feeling feverish or a temperature of 100.0 F or above
- *loss of taste or smell
- *difficulty breathing
- *shortness of breath
- *sore throat
- *muscle or body aches
- *diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- *congestion or runny nose
- *Has the individual had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19?
Additional screening may be conducted during the school day as warranted. Students not feeling well during the school day will be sent to the clinic for a nursing assessment if classroom interventions have not been successful. If a student has suspected symptoms of COVID-19, parents will be called and the student will be sent home from school.
Students sent home from school must meet the Re-entry Protocols outlined in the district handbook which you can find here: https://www.ltisdschools.org/COVID-19
The Re-Entry protocol includes:
- Student must be fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication;
- Improved symptoms;
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms began.
If the student is sent home with symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to school before completing the above 3 criteria, the student must:
- obtain a medical professional's note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis or
- obtain an acute infection test that comes back negative for COVID-19.
Please contact our Nurse Dana Hensel, RN, 512.533.7593 or firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions. She will be happy to help you in any way.
Please register for SMART Tag Today and Check your Tigers' Dismissal Settings!
If you have not already created a parent login using the SMART TAG Parent Portal, please do so TODAY. You will need your child's student id along with their birthdate to register.
If you have already registered, please go back into SMART TAG and verify that your Tigers' dismissal settings are correct. We will be using the information in SMART TAG to send your Tigers home tomorrow. Please verify that their default setting (the usual way home the majority of the time) and the setting for their way home on the first day of school are the way you want them to be.
Going forward, when you need to make a change to the way your child goes home for a specific day, please log in to SMART TAG and submit the temporary change. The cut off time to make changes is 2:00 pm. It's quick and easy!