Nuclear energy the end of humanity?
By: Kyler Parkman and Nathan Clark
How nuclear energy is made
Nuclear energy may be a good way to create energy but the effects of nuclear waste that never go away created can be devastating and shouldn't be over looked just to create more energy. Nuclear waste can be corrosive, ignitable, reactive, or toxic. Corrosive waste can burn through metal and skin. It can also give off vapors. Ignitable waste can explode irritate your skin, eyes, and lungs. reactive waste can explode or create harmful vapors when exposed to other chemicals. Toxic waste can cause sickness and death if exposed to humans or other living organisms.
what its composed of and effects of nuclear waste
Use past failures to not make the same mistake
- "Every 18-24 months a power plant must shut down to remove its used uranium fuel, which becomes nuclear waste."
- "Nuclear Power is used in over 30 countries around the world and its even used to power the mars rover."
- "some nuclear power plants remove large quantities of water from a lake of river, which could affect fish and other aquatic life."
- "US power plants produce 2,000 metric tons of radioactive waste every year
- "There are over 400 nuclear power reactors in use around the world."
- "Nuclear waste must be stored for thousands of years."
deformed frog is the product of radiation poisoning