The Mills Messenger
Every scholar matters and every moment counts!
Gerardo Hernandez, Assistant Principal
Sharri C. Zachary, Assistant Principal
The mission of Roger Q. Mills Elementary School is to provide a quality education for ALL students that supports academic achievement, promotes integrity, builds healthy self-esteem, embraces intrinsic motivation, and encourages successful study habits. Our goal is to develop college-ready students who will be contributing successors in our communities and beyond.
Thank you for always being a champion for Mills!
Tumblebooks reads books aloud to students, and is an excellent resource for Daily 5.
About the TumbleBookLibrary:
The TBL is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation). TumbleBooks are created from existing picture books which we have licensed from children's book publishers and converted to the TumbleBook format.
There are three convenient ways of accessing them:
2. By direct link: www.tumblebooklibrary.com/auto_login.aspx?U=rogerqmills&P=reads
3. From Mills' homepage: www.dallasisd.org/mills (look for Tumblebooks icon)
Jaguars! The 'Sunshine' Committee Needs You!
The Hospitality (Sunshine) committee works to spread just that....Sunshine! Birthdays, Baby Showers, Personal or family illness, the sunshine team will work to make Mills a brighter place to work each day!
Dues are $25.00 for professional staff and $20.00 for paraprofessional staff.
Ms. Malty will collect monies. Cash or Check Payable to: Roger Q. Mills.
If you become a PAYING member of sunshine committee, you will receive a JEANS PASS for every Thursday for the remainder of the Fall semester.
That's JEANS 2 days a week until Winter Break!
If you have questions about sunshine committee, please see the committee chair or co-chair.
Ms. Bailey-Lard, Chairperson
Ms. Ramirez, Co-Chair
Essilor Vision Clinic
This is a wonderful opportunity for our scholars to get a free professional eye exam as well as glasses. Let’s assist our scholars on their road to success. I will send out a list of students who should have received a form, that way if they are in your class you can encourage/remind them to return it to the clinic. The clinic will be held on Tuesday December 8th. We are trying to get as many of our scholars seen as possible and also remain on the list for next year to receive services. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Climate Survey Update
Monday, December 7, 2015
- 9:00a A-Team Meeting in the Conference Room
- 9:00a ACP Campus Training Part I Make-up sessions during planning periods
- 12:00 - 12:45p Instructional Content Meeting in the Conference Room
- 4:20 - 5:30p ACP Campus Training Part II in the Cafeteria
- Begin surprising your secret person for Secret Santa
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
- 8:00a- Essilor Vision Clinic
- 2:00 - 2:45p 3R meeting in Conference Room; All employees with 3Rs must attend (except CICs)
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
- Holiday Luncheon in the Cafeteria
- 4:30 - 5:30p SBDM in the Conference Room
- 4:30 - 5:30p New Teacher Training in Rm. 318
- Clark OOO all day
Thursday, December 10, 2015
- 7:30a Testing pep rally for students outside during drop-off
- 8:30a ACP -Social Studies
- Chriss OOO at training (PM)
- Happy Birthday Ms. Pridgen!!
Friday, December 11, 2015
- 8:30a ACP -Specials (Gr3 -Music, Gr4 -P.E., Gr5 -Art)
- Grade validations -Please check your mailbox.
Saturday, December 12, 2015 - The Mayor's Race
Shout out to Coach Taylor and Ms. Lennix for organizing. We have 45 students and volunteers registered to attend.
Faculty Holiday Party
Tuesday, Dec. 15th, 5:30-7pm
El Fenix Tex-Mex Restaurant, 1601 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, TX, United States
Pending Final Approval
RSVPs are enabled for this event.