GCS Media Matters
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week April 11-15
- April National Poetry Month
- April School Library Month
- April 10-16 National Library Week
- April 11 March GCS Reads 20 Minutes Due
- April 11 Global Conference Request Survey
- April 12 Battle of the Books teams Recognized at the Board of Education meeting. Please arrive at 5:30
- April 14 Make up AMTR/DLMI training 3:00-4:00 Washington Street Room 300
- April 14 Inventory/Mentor Mentee Meeting 4:00- 6:00 Wash. St.Rm 300
Dates to Remember
- April 23 World Book & Copyright Day
- April 26th DPI lunch and learn
April 28 Poets Laureates and Media Specialist of the Year recognized at Board of education meeting
May 10th – April GCS Reads 20 Minutes Due •
May 11th – Middle/High PLC WSA (Guest Speaker on Primary Resources) •
May 12th – Elementary PLC Falkener Elementary (NOTE LOCATION CHANGE) (Guest Speakers on STREAM and Summer Reading Programs)
May 20th – CIPA Due for HS
NCID Password Reset
NCID/DLMI Log In Instructions -
DLMI- Digital Learning & Media Inventory
- DLMI Log In Link (Formerly known as the AMTR)
- DLMI Worksheet (Formerly known as the AMTR)
- Old AMTR link- Log in here if you want to access last year's AMTR data for your school.
DLMI- Question by Question Template (Utilize this if you want to print a copy of the report to fill in by hand prior to the online portion.)
Give Five – Read Five Information
A school library media coordinator “expands and enhances the quantity and quality of students’ reading activities” (Standard 4, Element C, Accomplished)
The Give Five, Read Five Program, may support SLMCs as they implement this performance indicator.
We are excited about the many opportunities Give Five – Read Five and the new partnership with myON will bring to students this year. For more information, including resources designed to help schools and partners conduct local Give Five – Read Five initiatives, visit http://www.ncpublicschools.org/give5read5/ . Thank you for your interest in North Carolina’s Give Five – Read Five campaign. Your support will help students across our state return to school this fall better prepared to learn.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
- Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
- Employee of the Month CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.